Demoting Mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demoting Mods

Why is it so damn hard? A co-admin did it the other day and I fully agreed to it (if some of you remember my other thread the mod that got fired is goose) and he won't stop bugging me about it. I was going to give him a second chance until I found out he told a member via PM something posted from the mod forum. Granted, what he told him was not very important but it's the principle of the matter that he didn't follow direct orders that you don't tell members stuff from the mod forum.

[/end of rant]

Oh I agree, it's really annoying. I've had to "demote" some people as well, although I don't think they have gone so far as to make public (even to one person) something that was meant to stay private in the mod board.

Comment

Yeah, it's weird. They're perfectly happy before they're moderators, but once they've been a moderator and been demoted, they think that it's their God-given right to moderate.
      http://www.arsegaming.com/dice/index.php/stuff.jpg

Comment

They also like to piss and moan about it. They get in a big huff because I look for my site's best interests and stuff, one admin was never on never posted and got mad when I demoted him.

Comment

I have demoted, fired, hired, threw out the door, rehired, repromoted, redemoted, repromoted so many people I lost track.

I finally gave up and told someone else to run it all

Comment

Its an ego thing Andrew
            Once they have the power, they think they should have it forever and cannot (of course!!) do any wrong!

Its hard but when i have to do it, its usually done in a nice, mature way not leaving anything untouched so they dont have room for questions. I find it the simplest way by principle, yet its the longest.
            TopDog

Comment

Sometimes it's just a gut feeling, you don't want someone to mod something... then they demand a reason and assume they should get one.

Comment

Ahh, you demoted Goose. Good. He bugged me.
                "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
                "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
                Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

Originally posted by CeleronXT
                  Ahh, you demoted Goose. Good. He bugged me.
                  He likes to moan about it

Comment

I agree with CeleronXT. But its better he moans about it than sabotaging things if he were still a mod.
                    TopDog

Comment

Originally posted by Beth
                      I agree with CeleronXT. But its better he moans about it than sabotaging things if he were still a mod.
                      Yeah, he was... a mistake.

Comment

Ya, good choice modding Gandalf though.. I like him.
                        "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
                        "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
                        Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

Originally posted by CeleronXT
                          Ya, good choice modding Gandalf though.. I like him.
                          Goosey boy doesn't

Comment

JUst remember that how you do something is just as important as why you do something sometimes.

Everyone has an ego. People that you are talking about generally have very large ego's that need to be massaged. Give them a couple of "I know we all get busy sometimes, but it's a huge security risk to have an inactive admin, so let me know if you still plan on being around" type messages to kind of make him see your side of it. Just kicking someone off of the team will cause you nothing but trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by thefluke
                              JUst remember that how you do something is just as important as why you do something sometimes.

Everyone has an ego. People that you are talking about generally have very large ego's that need to be massaged. Give them a couple of "I know we all get busy sometimes, but it's a huge security risk to have an inactive admin, so let me know if you still plan on being around" type messages to kind of make him see your side of it. Just kicking someone off of the team will cause you nothing but trouble.
                              I've had to fire two admins for being inactive, and I had spoken previously a few tiems to them earlier.

One admin said admins shouldn't have a lot of posts, so that's why he doesn't.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X