• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Zecherieh

• Zecherieh
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark Hewitt
    When I bought my first domain name- worldmotorsport.com. I could have bought formula1.com, but I didn't

Ouch

the first reaction, second one was tess and there is a lot of forumula 1 trademarks out there you might have had to deal with (good excuse to check on my status while I am at)

Leave a comment:

• Kizmitt

• Kizmitt
    replied
    Originally posted by stanmxl
    Don't know if you read the post by another person about a week ago about Microsoft trying to take his windowsos.com domain.

Wonder if Sony will come after you.
    Lol i have sponcership by www.nz.playstation.com and they didnt really care that i had bet them to it, if they want it they can buy it off me plus i have had a few people asking about buying it as it allready gets abit of traffic even though it only points to my go sites..

I did a Whois yesterday and found that www.playstation4.com through to 6 have all bean registered!! i doubt sony will go past ps3...

Leave a comment:

• Mark Hewitt

• Mark Hewitt
    replied
    When I bought my first domain name- worldmotorsport.com. I could have bought formula1.com, but I didn't

Leave a comment:

• stanmxl

• stanmxl
    replied
    Originally posted by Kizmitt
    and i have www.playstation3.co.nz also, plus few more...
    Don't know if you read the post by another person about a week ago about Microsoft trying to take his windowsos.com domain.

Wonder if Sony will come after you.

Leave a comment:

• IDN

• IDN
    replied
    Alot of domains, i only have 4, lol

Leave a comment:

• Kizmitt

• Kizmitt
    replied
    True...

Originally posted by Zecherieh
    Honestly, just my opinion, but why does it have to be .com?

And I just checked, OnlineGamers.ws and GamersOnline.ws are both unregistered.
    I live in newzealand and we mainly go for .co.nz as our 'main domains', but of late we thought it would be nice to get the .com of are gaming site just for the sake of pointing... i own www.gamersonline.net.nz and www.gamersonline.co.nz and my forums lie on my newly registered www.goforums.co.nz (Note that they are all down right now), i had thought about asking the peep that owns www.gamersonline.net if he wants to sell/trade... witch i mite still do.

I have www.enterthegames.com forsale if anyone is interested and i have www.playstation3.co.nz also, plus few more...

Leave a comment:

• 0ptima

• 0ptima
    replied
    I think most people who are not web savy think of the .dot com.

Leave a comment:

• Zecherieh

• Zecherieh
    replied
    And I should add I hit 9,374 on the alexa rankings for yesterday (first time I have ever seen it under 10 ) with a .ws

Leave a comment:

• Zecherieh

• Zecherieh
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe Page
    Most people are likely to try .com .co.uk and .net

Actually that is not that true.

I goto more websites than I would like to consider. I see .co.uk from time to time, but I do not think I have ever been to a .co.uk website.

But that does not really matter as my point was would a person rather have widgat01.com or widget.ws?

Leave a comment:

• phill2003

• phill2003
    replied
    i just got sci-fi.me.uk i like it

anybody want to buy talkshopforums.co.uk for twenty quid.......

Leave a comment:

• Joe Page

• Joe Page
    replied
    Most people are likely to try .com .co.uk and .net

Leave a comment:

• Zecherieh

• Zecherieh
    replied
    Honestly, just my opinion, but why does it have to be .com?

I just do not get it. I can understand to some extent for the resale peoples - but if you are building a content site what does it matter? I have no problem what so ever with sportsforum.ws or any of the other hundred or so .ws I have. Heck I like most of my .ws better than all my .com except maybe MyFFL.com

And I just checked, OnlineGamers.ws and GamersOnline.ws are both unregistered.

I did a search for game first to see what the suggestions would be, and to me just getting a good easy to remember name is the important part, they can remember the .ext easy enough, heck I would rather have a .ws or .cn or something than .org or .biz as those are somewhat easy to forget (for me anyway, I sit there typing in .com, .net, then try .org on .orgs but always remember the country ones)

Here is some of the suggestons for "game"

GAMEBIZ.WS
    GAMEBUSINESS.WS
    GAMEDOT.WS
    GAMEFIRM.WS
    GAMEINTERNATIONAL.WS
    GAMEOFFICE.WS
    GAMEONLINE.WS
    GAMESEARCH.WS
    GAMESUCKS.WS
    GAMESUX.WS
    GAMEUSA.WS
    GAMEWWW.WS
    AMERICANGAME.WS
    BESTGAME.WS
    DIGITALGAME.WS
    EASYGAME.WS
    EZGAME.WS
    FIRSTGAME.WS
    GETGAME.WS
    GLOBALGAME.WS
    GOGAME.WS
    GOODGAME.WS
    GREATGAME.WS
    HAPPYGAME.WS
    INFOGAME.WS
    INTERACTIVEGAME.WS
    INTERNETGAME.WS
    LOVE-GAME.WS
    LUCKYGAME.WS
    MEDIAGAME.WS
    MEGAGAME.WS
    MICROGAME.WS
    MUSICGAME.WS
    MYGAME.WS
    MY-GAME.WS
    NET-GAME.WS
    NEWGAME.WS
    ONLINE-GAME.WS
    PRO-GAME.WS
    QUICKGAME.WS
    SPORTSGAME.WS
    USAGAME.WS
    VIRTUALGAME.WS
    WORLDGAME.WS
    WWWGAME.WS

Leave a comment:

• Martyjp

• Martyjp
    replied
    My site used to be called forums4games, had that name for a year and then noticed that f4g.net was about to expire, kept an eye on it and managed to pick it up for £10, was really pleased with that. But its just sitting on my server unused at the moment

Leave a comment:

• IDN

• IDN
    replied
    Yeah i know, problem is it's hard to come up with an easy one to say in real life and people know how to say it. I came up with one, but i dunno how good it is.

I Need to come up with one that is easy to say, spell and remember and can be said in real life and people will remember it, since i do alot of real life advertising

Leave a comment:

• Joe

• Joe
    replied
    make up a name, then brand it. ie, amazon.com, yahoo.com, google.com...

You dont hear much about books.com, directory.com or searchengine.com do you?

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X