Domain names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domain names

Getting one now adays is problem i find, mainly in the .com as 98% of ones ive searched for are taken and are just parked search engines
    I emailed a guy about buying www.gamersonline.com and as per normal they want $6500.00 USD. Anyone else looking for a domain thats taken that you really want?

bicycle.com

I had the chance about 3 years ago to buy it for $2500, I really wish i would have, worth much much more then that to me, the new owners want 10x's as much! Grr
    Bike Forums.net

Comment

Originally posted by Kizmitt
      Getting one now adays is problem i find, mainly in the .com as 98% of ones ive searched for are taken and are just parked search engines
      I emailed a guy about buying www.gamersonline.com and as per normal they want $6500.00 USD. Anyone else looking for a domain thats taken that you really want?
      I did want TeenAdviceForum.com but it was taken... so now I have TeenAdviceCenter.com, which is a lot better now.

I should have just done www.teencenter.com though...

Comment

Originally posted by Joe
        bicycle.com

I had the chance about 3 years ago to buy it for $2500, I really wish i would have, worth much much more then that to me, the new owners want 10x's as much! Grr
        $2500 is cheap for a one-word generic domain name like that.

Comment

I know, it was REALLY bad timing, I was going into surgery the next month, and wouldnt have a job for 6 months after. I really wish I could have put that on my Visa or something! Oh well...
          Bike Forums.net

Comment

I've always wanted neural.net. I dont know what for, it just sounds and looks cool.
            forums: pcfx.cc
            gallery: here

Comment

Originally posted by Joe
              I know, it was REALLY bad timing, I was going into surgery the next month, and wouldnt have a job for 6 months after. I really wish I could have put that on my Visa or something! Oh well...
              Yeah, my surname loh.com was going for $8,500 3 years ago - sure, it's a 3 letter dot com, but I ain't paying for that. Don't know how much it is now.

Comment

Back in 1995 when I first got online, I was going to register eyescream.com for my personal (blog like) site. That was the name of my "bike club" at the time. I REALLY wish i got that domain, its just a fun name. But it is in good use now. I also rememer talking on IRC in 95 - 96, and telling people i was going to register blah.com, but never did so, another somewhat unique name to own.
                Bike Forums.net

Comment

Yeah, i'm trying to start a mens forum and 99.9% of the names i want are taken, i just need to find that .01% now for one i like
                  Running vB since 4-14-2002

Comment

make up a name, then brand it. ie, amazon.com, yahoo.com, google.com...

You dont hear much about books.com, directory.com or searchengine.com do you?
                    Bike Forums.net

Comment

Yeah i know, problem is it's hard to come up with an easy one to say in real life and people know how to say it. I came up with one, but i dunno how good it is.

I Need to come up with one that is easy to say, spell and remember and can be said in real life and people will remember it, since i do alot of real life advertising
                      Running vB since 4-14-2002

Comment

My site used to be called forums4games, had that name for a year and then noticed that f4g.net was about to expire, kept an eye on it and managed to pick it up for £10, was really pleased with that. But its just sitting on my server unused at the moment

Comment

Honestly, just my opinion, but why does it have to be .com?

I just do not get it. I can understand to some extent for the resale peoples - but if you are building a content site what does it matter? I have no problem what so ever with sportsforum.ws or any of the other hundred or so .ws I have. Heck I like most of my .ws better than all my .com except maybe MyFFL.com

And I just checked, OnlineGamers.ws and GamersOnline.ws are both unregistered.

I did a search for game first to see what the suggestions would be, and to me just getting a good easy to remember name is the important part, they can remember the .ext easy enough, heck I would rather have a .ws or .cn or something than .org or .biz as those are somewhat easy to forget (for me anyway, I sit there typing in .com, .net, then try .org on .orgs but always remember the country ones)

Here is some of the suggestons for "game"

GAMEBIZ.WS
                          GAMEBUSINESS.WS
                          GAMEDOT.WS
                          GAMEFIRM.WS
                          GAMEINTERNATIONAL.WS
                          GAMEOFFICE.WS
                          GAMEONLINE.WS
                          GAMESEARCH.WS
                          GAMESUCKS.WS
                          GAMESUX.WS
                          GAMEUSA.WS
                          GAMEWWW.WS
                          AMERICANGAME.WS
                          BESTGAME.WS
                          DIGITALGAME.WS
                          EASYGAME.WS
                          EZGAME.WS
                          FIRSTGAME.WS
                          GETGAME.WS
                          GLOBALGAME.WS
                          GOGAME.WS
                          GOODGAME.WS
                          GREATGAME.WS
                          HAPPYGAME.WS
                          INFOGAME.WS
                          INTERACTIVEGAME.WS
                          INTERNETGAME.WS
                          LOVE-GAME.WS
                          LUCKYGAME.WS
                          MEDIAGAME.WS
                          MEGAGAME.WS
                          MICROGAME.WS
                          MUSICGAME.WS
                          MYGAME.WS
                          MY-GAME.WS
                          NET-GAME.WS
                          NEWGAME.WS
                          ONLINE-GAME.WS
                          PRO-GAME.WS
                          QUICKGAME.WS
                          SPORTSGAME.WS
                          USAGAME.WS
                          VIRTUALGAME.WS
                          WORLDGAME.WS
                          WWWGAME.WS

Comment

Most people are likely to try .com .co.uk and .net

Comment

i just got sci-fi.me.uk i like it

anybody want to buy talkshopforums.co.uk for twenty quid.......

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X