No announcement yet.

xbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can also play Halo online using http://www.xbconnect.com, an unofficial service. XBox Live is also highly entertaining. The hard drive is also great. No need to worry about memory cards ever again.
    http://www.bgtguide.com
    Busch Gardens Tampa Guide
    Forums: http://www.floridathrills.net

Comment

Originally posted by bgtking
      You can also play Halo .
      Only because Micro$oft bought the company and stopped it coming out on the PC :|
      I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

It actually IS coming out on the pc

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/halo/index.html

Comment

Originally posted by Vile
          It's big for a reason. It's big becuse I can swap the 5GB HD with an 80 GB. It's big because it's more powerful then the competition. It's big because I can emulate MAME, NES, SNES, N64, Genesis, and PSX games on it, and run Linux on it. When you can do all of that on your Gamecube, give me a shout...

Gamecube = 10x Pokemon games, but hey, if you're into that, more power to you.

Bah..

Thanks for the lecture dad. It was a joke (not even mine), but I guess fanboyism gets in the way of humor sheesh. I dont care about running linux on a console. There is no point to it, other than to brag about being l33t or something. Emulate ROMS? Not interested in that either. LIVE? I prefer playing online on the PC. And for the record I have played the XBox many times (neighbor owns it), along games like Halo. I didnt much like it, so there.
          Last edited by Mr. X; Sat 12 Jul '03, 12:47pm.
          forums: pcfx.cc
          gallery: here

Comment

No, GameCube = 3 Zelda games (technically), Super Smash Bros. Melee, Metroid Prime, and other great games.

Comment

While the PS2 contains hundreds of other games that somebody over the age of 15 can enjoy.
              :)

Comment

Originally posted by DirectPixel
                While the PS2 contains hundreds of other games that somebody over the age of 15 can enjoy.
                IMO, PS2's graphics are pretty inferior compared to the XBox and even the Gamecube...I've also never liked Sony because they're overpriced and they obsess over content protection (for example, their MP3 players are nearly worthless because of the formats they use and how you often have to rip your CDs first).
                --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
                Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
                vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Originally posted by filburt1
                  IMO, PS2's graphics are pretty inferior compared to the XBox and even the Gamecube...I've also never liked Sony because they're overpriced and they obsess over content protection (for example, their MP3 players are nearly worthless because of the formats they use and how you often have to rip your CDs first).
                  Well personally, I purchase stuff not because of what a company does with its other products, but instead, I take an objective look at the system and the related subjects. Buying a PS2 doesn't have much to do with how Sony makes their MP3 players.

The PS2 and Gamecube are about the same graphics-capability wise. There are quite a lot of games that don't use the full graphics capabilities, though.

However, the XBox has the best hardware systems of all the major gaming consoles.

Still doesn't hold up to my ATI Radeon 9800, though.

Comment

And people over 15 can enjoy SSBM, Metroid Prime, and Zelda. Sue me for pointing that out.

Comment

Personally, I own a Gamecube, PS2, PS1, Nintendo64, Super Nintendo, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance and a PC and get the same amount of enjoyment out of all of them.

Thinking about purchasing an XBOX in the next couple of weeks and it will be just another tool in the game playing arsenal. At that time, the only benefit it will give me is that I won't have to look at what platform a game is for when I go to purchase it. I can just pick a game off the shelf, buy it and know that I can play it when I get home.
                      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

/methinks the paychecks from Jelsoft must be pretty big.

Comment

I don't really understand why people that make fun of Nintendo games for being too kiddy don't just give the games a chance. You're missing out on a lot of great gameplay.

As for all of this "the Xbox is so mighty and powerful and graphically sophisticated" crap, I don't really care how many useless features the system has or how great the graphics are. The only thing that's important to me is good games and good gameplay.
                          http://www.arsegaming.com/dice/index.php/stuff.jpg

Comment

I've actually played the Nintendo games. I've also played quite a bit of PS2 games.

I personally don't like the bright and happy games for the Gamecube. It gets horribly annoying after a while, when every single time, you're on a little 'quest' to rescue some princess or to save the world, you kill monsters by shooting little balls of energy at them, or "destroying" them with your puny sword.

Compare Zelda and Onimusha. Two games with roughly the same type of objective, except Onimusha is aimed towards older teens/adults. You don't live in a happy, bright, magical little world. You fight demons and other creatures, as opposed to little mushroom men, and the puzzles are much more challenging, with more complex elements to the gameplay.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry
                              Only because Micro$oft bought the company and stopped it coming out on the PC :|
                              With halo2 approacing as well, they are definatly making something for the PC (bungie website has some good info about it all)

Comment

And how is Hyrule a "bright happy world" when you're playing as Adult Link? Explain that one to me, I'd love to hear that....

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X