Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep in mind, you can only talk about a subject for so long, just like beauty can only keep a persons attention so long. There needs to be more substance then that.

Comment

my five: (not in order)

1) someone who makes me laugh and cry (blokes can do it as well)
      2) someone who is both intelligent and interesting
      3) someone who i can trust with anything
      4) someone who is attractive... of course it is important
      5) someone who makes *me* feel special

these are all them --> me, it works the other way round and it must do for it to work.
      Last edited by chrispadfield; Wed 7 Feb '01, 4:44pm.
      Christopher Padfield
      Web Based Helpdesk
      DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

My 5, pretty much in order
        1. similar faith (and all that goes with it too)
        2. intelligent, preferably with degree (even better if in technical field...can relate better)
        3. good sense of humour
        4. physically appealing
        5. caring and demonstrative

Not on the top 5 but a major consideration is the 1/2 +7 rule: the youngest person you should even consider dating is half your age + 7 years. So for me I guess that places them between the ages of 21 and 40. The good thing about just flirting is age doesn't matter!

Comment

well i adjusted mine in light of yours but i sort of cheated!
          Christopher Padfield
          Web Based Helpdesk

Comment

Both of you have good lists...

Mine is:
            1) Must love me more then food
            2) Must love food more then the out doors
            3) Must love the outdoors more then God
            4) Must love God more then mtn biking
            5) Must love mtn biking more then me

The only things i would add to the top two lists for me, are:
            1) Same religion
            2) Atleast 5'8" tall (i hate short women, heh)
            3) Love the same activites as I do.
            Bike Forums.net

Comment

hehe

me preferes shorter girls.. got to have that small and cuddly thing going!

but same interests, yes, pretty important. Snow ski-ing is a passion, would want her to want to ski but that is like an added extra !!!
              Christopher Padfield
              Web Based Helpdesk

Comment

Intersting, yes, worth adding to the list. Loving God more then anyone or anything is a must.

I guess some similar interests are good, but not everything. The last thing I need is a carbon copy of myself, I'd strangle him within a week. Too much togetherness can be a bad thing and not enough starves the relationship. Two boyfreinds ago he pretty much had us on a schedule of 1 date, see each other at church, and 1 call per week. Starvation. My last boyfriend and I saw each other every day for 1.5 year straight. Now it feels so good having breathing room. (even better because we are still friends).

As long as they at least match me in height when I wear heels (5'7"?) height doesn't matter much.

Comment

I think birth order is important as well - two first-borns are likely to clash - I'm a firstborn, and can see this in other first-borns my age of both genders.

My now-divorced parents are both first-borns, and both have re-married to non-first-borns.
                  Movie Forums - Now With 28% More Bruce Willis

Comment

Good point, i hope she will have her own hobbies, and i my own, however there are a few things i would love to do together, like mtn biking, paragliding, snowboarding...

Chris, how tall are you? im 6'4", so 5'7" is still short to me 5-9" - 6' even would be perfect!

Im the middle child of five, it has its perks, but can also suck at times
                    Bike Forums.net

Comment

I never thought about birth order. I'm second (of 2). Does this mean I shouldn't date 2nd born, I shouldn't date last born, or do I have the universal order-type?

Dang I hate that! As soon as I read/hear posts/converations about dating I start thinking of available people I know. All of a sudden it's like "hmmm, so-and-so is cute, short, ....., and not dating anyone". I'm a pathalogical match maker. Thankfully I leave it at thoughts.

Comment

I'm about 5-11 - which is good...as long as I'm a little over 6 feet, I won't feel like a midget.

I'm not totally sure how the birth order thing works - my mom has a book on the subject...I'll see if I can get you the title - it's probably on Amazon somewhere.
                        Movie Forums - Now With 28% More Bruce Willis

Comment

... about amazon.com, check out these books i found one day while looking for a good cook book: Book 1 Book 2 Book 3.

LOL!
                          Bike Forums.net

Comment

Thanks. I don't know that it will de me any good. I just sort of happen into relationships. I never look and seldom give any thought beyond my list of 5 (and maybe the age formula). It would be interesting to read, though.

Comment

I had heard about the first one, but 3?!? Can we say overkil?
                              pun not intended but realized

Comment

hehe... this thread is funny.

i am about 5 8" so that probably explains why.. but then 5'1, 5'2 is fine by me for a girl which is quite a lot of difference really.
                                Christopher Padfield
                                Web Based Helpdesk

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X