graduated in CS with busn minor, work in application development
    27, blonde, brown, 120 lbs
    love to read, camp, talk, and eat

but...
    1. I am enjoying this single thing
    2. There's the no blind date policy
    ...sorry!

...but I can always flirt!
    Last edited by nadine; Fri 2 Feb '01, 11:16am.

Comment

To answer the original question...

I work out. 3-4x a week... need to put some muscle on my scrawny bones.

Now a question for Jim:

Originally posted by JimF
      I'm not into muscle building or anything gay like that
      5'9", 185lbs of pure steel
      How'd you get to be 185 lbs of pure steel without hitting the gym?
      Richard Young, Esq.
      asian forums | asians
      Reverse Funnel System - Fastest Way To Monetize Your Forum

Comment

howdy, just checking the place out.. nice product.

I "work out" too, tho you might be asking in the wrong place if you expect to get answers different from what you have seen... Most people are attracted to others they can identify with, and web geeks are attracted to other web geeks, for the most part. Brains are what we find attractive first, brawn is a little further down on the list. Other places I hang out on the web will get you answers to that question from an equally slanted perspective. My stand site will find answers that say they prefer someone who's Christian first, looks second, and the misc.fitness.weights newsgroup I hung out at when I competed will say above all they don't want no pencil neck for a mate...

Picture attached is from a couple of years ago, I may compete again this summer if I will stay off the web long enuf to eat, sleep, and train properly...

[edit] apparently a url isn't enuf to attach files:
        http://members.aol.com/texasmusl/bod...ing/allen1.jpg
        [/edit]

Anyways, I prolly won't post much.. (aaawwww..), but good luck in your development... it's turning out well.
        Last edited by AllenAyres; Sun 4 Feb '01, 8:59pm.
        - Allen
        - http://www.praisecafe.org

Comment

LOL, ooook I would put my picture up but that would end the thread!!! Of course my AARP group would say age before beauty!!!!

Comment

I've been getting in the habit of working out lately - I had given it a try before, but always seemed to get in the way.

As it is now, I use the AbSlide and BowFlex a few nights a week - seems to be working pretty well. If it's warm enough, I might bike a few miles...it helps to clear the mind after a few hours of programming.

Who am I looking for? Someone who shares my passion for work and success - both can be a big rush for me, and I think whomever I marry will have a similar feeling towards things - hopefully we'll be able to brag to each other about how well our work is going, and feed off of it in that sense.

In addition, she'd have to be as conservative as I am, and have fairly old-fashoined ideals. How old-fashoined? Well, for one, I don't plan to date much...I'm basically "courting." Yeah, I know, snickers abound.

Oh, and she has to rilllly purty.
            Movie Forums - Now With 28% More Bruce Willis

Comment

I used to work at a shipping center, i concidered work my workout, as i would be picking up 30 - 150 pound boxes 8hrs a day ... I also used to bike 20 - 30 miles a day for fun, not as a workout... Now i just sit at home on the computer all day, bleh, cant ride my bikes for 3 more years (surgery)... dont know what to do!
              Bike Forums.net

Comment

Originally posted by TWTCommish
                In addition, she'd have to be as conservative as I am, and have fairly old-fashoined ideals. How old-fashoined? Well, for one, I don't plan to date much...I'm basically "courting." Yeah, I know, snickers abound.

Oh, and she has to rilllly purty.
                No snickers from me... a bit of admiration perhaps. I hope you are able to stick with your ideals.

Comment

Me too. I'm homeschooled, actually, so I havn't had any opportunities to go all girl-crazy. I really don't think I will, though.

The only flaw in it all? I like to impress women. I don't want to date them or anything, I just want them to like me...a lot. I want to impress them. Overall I strive to make them want to talk to me and be around me - makes me feel less like a computer programmer I suppose.

My father's a charmer too, so I guess I get it from him. It may sound weird, but I think at least a couple guys here will know what I mean when I said I'm not interested in them, but still want to impress them.

Anyway, aside from our political and spirtual views, the work aspect of things is the most important.

Comment

Me too. I'm homeschooled, actually, so I havn't had any opportunities to go all girl-crazy. I really don't think I will, though.
                    Don't be too sure, I've seen it happen frequently!

The only flaw in it all? I like to impress women. I don't want to date them or anything, I just want them to like me...a lot. I want to impress them. Overall I strive to make them want to talk to me and be around me - makes me feel less like a computer programmer I suppose.
                    Typical of those in your situation. Most grow out of it. Unfortunately, some go the other way and become indifferent to what women think...and then marvel at thier singleness. On Sunday I was impressed by a guy who helped me on with my coat...man have my expectations slipped!

Anyway, aside from our political and spirtual views, the work aspect of things is the most important.
                    You may want to consider reordering this with spiritual first and stick moral in there too.

Comment

I think at least a couple guys here will know what I mean when I said I'm not interested in them, but still want to impress them.
                      Uhh, yeah, girls have koodies!

-jim

Comment

-jim
                        ...and boys are gross!

Comment

I'm homeschooled,
                          Really? Me too...

Comment

-jim
                            Circle circle, dot dot. Now you have a cootie shot!

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Sullivan
                              Circle circle, dot dot. Now you have a cootie shot!

A statement like that sounds like me when I am sleep deprived...oh wait, I did make a statement like that.

Comment

Well, I HOPE I won't go girl-crazy then, Nadine. I think my work will keep me busy enough.

And yes, my spiritual life came first - there's no sub-concious part of me that pays more attention to politics, either. Morals, however, would obviously go hand in hand with my religion.

JohnM: Yup, I really am. I'm not making it up. I was in public school all my life until I was 10, where I spent 5th grade in public school - I went back to homeschooling the next year and have been here since.

I'm glad to be homeschooled.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X