This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nadine

But a man that can understand and even communicate on the same level, well, that is a find. Oops, I used the "c" word....bad me!
    ROFL, Nadine. I think you hit the nail on the head with that one. Men who can communicate are out there, but lord it's not easy finding them! I got lucky and found mine at 20. I know many women my age are still looking for one who can say more than "When is dinner ready?" and "Shhhh the game is on!"

Comment

Originally posted by PeF
      It was a joke. Muscles ain't all was my point.
      I took it as such.
      I don't know if it's that hard to find someone to talk with. I have been told I talk enough for 2. I tend to automatically eliminate those without an education or liberal arts-y types. If I stick with engineers, I generally do alright...thus the geek comment.
      btw, everyone communicates better in thier own language...I just wish I knew what mine was!

Comment

Originally posted by Susan

ROFL, Nadine. I think you hit the nail on the head with that one. Men who can communicate are out there, but lord it's not easy finding them! I got lucky and found mine at 20. I know many women my age are still looking for one who can say more than "When is dinner ready?" and "Shhhh the game is on!"
        Well, I'm 27, and enjoying (well, looking forward to enjoying) the freedom! I've never run into the "When's dinner ready and the game is on" problem. Dinner is "well, where are you taking me" and if it's hockey, I'm telling them to shut up.

Comment

See I give women a choice, it can be McDonalds then the local city council meeting or Hardees and then down to whatever game is playing that night

Comment

Originally posted by Zecherieh
            See I give women a choice, it can be McDonalds then the local city council meeting or Hardees and then down to whatever game is playing that night
            Ohhhh...you romantic, you!

Comment

Ohhhh...you romantic, you!

I try

Actually I am weird, the last women I want to even go out with is one that thinks that I am gonna be their world (I dont know what is worse, someone that would worship their partner, or someone that would worship me)

I women has to be independent, head strong, have her own goals and desires in life and the guts to chase after said goals and desires. Any women I date also has to be smarter than me also. I like challenging conversation more than anything, and nothing like dating a intellectual midget to bore you to death.

Oh it really does help if she is conservative also.

Comment

So, to sum it up, she has to be practically perfect in every way. Have you considered Mary Poppins?

My sights are a little lower. I like to date (and have friends) that don't tick me off. A couple of things that tick me off are those that assume because I am younger that I don't have common sense, assuming because I am blonde that I am stupid, and people who complain about things and don't do a dang thing about it. A degree of social grace is good. For dating, similar beliefs is a must. Okay, maybe my list isn't so short after all!

Comment

So, to sum it up, she has to be practically perfect in every way.

I always pursue perfection, that when I fall a mile short I am still doing ok

Comment

I don't pursue at all. That way I am pleasantly surprised.
                    Besides, being singe has it's advantages. I can flirt, go where I want to go, and spend my time the way I want to. Now I have free time to learn the things I want to learn. I just got myself a nice little playground (domain) for my training yard. That's what I'm talking about!

Comment

Do you know how hard it is to meet a girl when you say "I feel it's the personality and mind that matters, not the body" - they all assume you're ugly! I'm waiting to meet that special someone, preferably a LinuxChick - there's something about a girl that can work a shell prompt that is a HUGE turn on for me. That and the ability to drive a 5-speed transmission .

Ahh, dreams...

-jim

Comment

Originally posted by JimF
                        Do you know how hard it is to meet a girl when you say "I feel it's the personality and mind that matters, not the body" - they all assume you're ugly

Well, if the shoe fits...

Actually I agree with your statement 100% - not a big linux fan, but just give me a women that can code in any language and I could be happy (as long as she is not a liberal)

Comment

Do you know how hard it is to meet a girl when you say "I feel it's the personality and mind that matters, not the body" - they all assume you're ugly!
                          Not really. I meet my men in person (no blind dates) so I assume they know exactly how lucky they are!
                          Seriously, I think it is an age thing. Younger women tend to want looks, personality, and brains in that order. As they mature it switches to brains or personality followed by looks. Think about it, enjoying how someone looks is pretty passive but interacting them (clean minds, now!) is active. Of course, some attraction is necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Zecherieh
                            Actually I agree with your statement 100% - not a big linux fan, but just give me a women that can code in any language and I could be happy (as long as she is not a liberal)
                            Hmmm, I like a man more well rounded. When I first met my (now) ex, the thing that first struck me was his hardware knowledge. He complimented that nicely with some degree of programming knowledge. The wavy, chestnut hair and cute glasses were bonus!

Comment

Well if we're going to play the dating game...

I'm 22 years old, graduated from NJIT early with a degree in Computer Sciencewith a concentration in MIS. I am a Full Time Network Administrator, and a part time/hobbyist programmer. I'm 5'9", blue eyes, 185lbs or pure steel, I wear contacts (glasses at night), and I have brown/blonde hair. I like romantic dinners and long moonlight walks on the beach. I like to cook and have a good time. I enjoycamping and all sorts of recreational activity, as well as valuing "quiet time".

Press #4865 to leave me a message!

-jim

Comment

...ability to drive a 5-speed transmission
                                One of my dreams is to drive that huge V6 car thru US & Canada instead of 5-speed transmission which I drive every day. Sometimes it gets me bored.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X