Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHat is causing this error on most vBulletin boards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHat is causing this error on most vBulletin boards?

Hello,
    This is an error im getting when posting on most vB boards, including www.webhostingtalk.com and www.freewebspace.net and it means i cant post.
    Im only having problems with sites using vBulletin as their forum but just done a test and it works here.
    The problem is when I try to make a post or send a PM I get a cannot find server error in IE and in mozilla its something like no data entered or something like that.
    Can anyone help with this?
    Thanks,
    John
    John Diver

Originally posted by John Diver
    Hello,
    This is an error im getting when posting on most vB boards, including www.webhostingtalk.com and www.freewebspace.net and it means i cant post.
    Im only having problems with sites using vBulletin as their forum but just done a test and it works here.
    The problem is when I try to make a post or send a PM I get a cannot find server error in IE and in mozilla its something like no data entered or something like that.
    Can anyone help with this?
    Thanks,
    John
    Its hard to know without more info but do you have cookies enabled? What does the error say exactly? It would mean the difference between a problem on your end...or website's server problems.

Another idea in particular I'm thinking of a time when I was on an ISP that was acting up. It wasn't the websites I was visiting or my machine but the network I was using to connect was having router problems or something like that.
    Fan Club member for VBulletin Dev and Support Team ;)

Hysterectomy - GirlsGetGoing.com - Fabulous Fifty

I'm frequently asked about the skin designer for my forums. ForumSkin.com

Comment

Hello,
      Thanks for your reply.
      I do have cookies enabled and im able to sign-in to the forums but just not post or send PMs.
      Im not getting any error from the vBulletin at all, i get an IE error of cannot find server but when i refresh the page is there.
      Its only happening on vBulletin forums though so I cant work this out at all..

My ISP is NTL in the north of ireland, i dont think it would be the ISP though. Its been like this for a few days now.
      Thanks again,
      John
      John Diver

Comment

I have seen this happen to people who had a bad router before. They couldn't post anything more than a line or two from their Macintosh but from a PC with Windows 2000 it would work occasionally. Eventually they bought a new router and the problem went away.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I had it on and off with vBulletin.org and never tracked it down. I had used NTL too.

I also had the same problem with a Belkelin router. I replaced it with a Linksys.
          Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

And when it happened to me, it was my ISP (a network within a school district) that had a routers running throughout the schools, networked together.

The error message was really telling me that my computer was unable to make a connection long enough to post....telling me the server was timed out or server could not be found.

Eventually our network upgraded their system and I haven't had problems since then.

If I were guessing, I'd say something is up within your own router...or problems with your ISP network.
            Fan Club member for VBulletin Dev and Support Team ;)

Hysterectomy - GirlsGetGoing.com - Fabulous Fifty

I'm frequently asked about the skin designer for my forums. ForumSkin.com

Comment

Ok Thanks,
              It must be my ISP as Im not using a router.
              Thanks for all the help, I will contact my ISP now.
              John
              John Diver

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X