Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this a good deal for a laptop/notebook?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rockergrrl
    replied
    Originally posted by ManagerJosh
    Argh!!! they upped it to 1.6GHz Pentium M w/ 512MB RAM...I'm literally drooling now !

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3422693495 (they added a phone number on there to call if any questions too)

Time to go beg mom for money...
    PM me... I can get you something better (WAY BETTER) and cheaper

Leave a comment:

• ManagerJosh
    replied
    Originally posted by xiphoid
    That kind of hardware, through ebay?

nevah

I'd really rather purchase it through a well established shop.

I'd kill myself if I find out the tft would have several dead pixels, or the hd turns out to be a 3600 rpm, lol, and god knows what else it has inside that you can't get prior to purchase.
    Argh!!! they upped it to 1.6GHz Pentium M w/ 512MB RAM...I'm literally drooling now !

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3422693495 (they added a phone number on there to call if any questions too)

Time to go beg mom for money...

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    That kind of hardware, through ebay?

nevah

I'd really rather purchase it through a well established shop.

I'd kill myself if I find out the tft would have several dead pixels, or the hd turns out to be a 3600 rpm, lol, and god knows what else it has inside that you can't get prior to purchase.

Leave a comment:

• ManagerJosh
    replied
    Well the shipping and stuff covers insurance and it is Fed-Ex (arrives at most 3 biz days) so dunno...

UHN, the brand is Asus, and I know they are big brand in Asia. Since the seller is the same person as "citichased" I think its pretty reasonable to say he's a relatively good person since he's been with eBay so long and his last transaction was in May of this year, which is two months ago.

Now I wish I had the money to buy
    Last edited by ManagerJosh; Sat 12 Jul '03, 11:58pm.

Leave a comment:

• UHN_ED
    replied
    I definately agree with those that say do not buy laptops from ebay, Unless you are bying from the big brand names that have set up an account there, stay away from laptops. Dell does have an account, so I would feel safe buying from them.

When I was looking for a laptop through ebay, I got a notice that all four of the auctions I have bidded on got canceled because the seller's account has been suspended.

Leave a comment:

• Michael2
    replied
    I don't think it's a good deal and certainly not enough to make it worth the risk. And besides, anyone that charges $50.00 to ship something that costs $20.00 to ship is a crook in my book.

Leave a comment:

• rockergrrl
    replied
    Yeah my title says it all....

Was looking through ebay and found this:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3422693495

Good deal or not?
    You want a good deal... PM me. I have connections... Like Sony Vaios?

Leave a comment:

• HexOnxOnx
    replied
    Yeah my title says it all....

Was looking through ebay and found this:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3422693495

Good deal or not?
    I wouldn't pay that. I have a Dell Notebook with almost the same specs and I paid about $500 less for it new.

Leave a comment:

• UHN_ED
    replied
    Spam?

This is your auction isn't it, Josh?

If I am not mistaken, you work for topmicro. It seems like it is your auction or your companies and you are trying to promote it. If so, just come out and say it. If I am wrong, then I am sorry.

Wayne, the 1.7ghz Pentuim M (found in Centrino's) will outperform a 3.0ghz P4-M. It will outperform it while running cooler, getting much more battery life, and weighing less. That is why they are worth more, not because of the wireless card (although it is nice how the card is inside the notebook in almost every model). If you were to find a 3.0ghz laptop that can get as good battery life as a Centrino, it would weigh a ton and cost a whole lot more. Also it would not run extremely hot.

Leave a comment:

• bigmattyh
    replied
    Yes, even if that is there. He has 17 feedback spread out over three years, and you have no idea if he was the buyer or the seller for many of those auctions. Even if you knew he was the seller, you wouldn't have any idea if he sold a pack of baseball cards or more high-dollar items because eBay doesn't keep records beyond 30 days.

Yeah good point MUG..but people has got to start off somewhere...and he is a good buyer...so shouldn't the same go for being a seller?
    No. Not at all.

I've been burned a few times on eBay in situations like this. I wanted something cheap. I got exactly that: something cheap (meaning: it didn't work, or there were big problems with it). In one case, I did in fact buy a phantom laptop, but I had sense enough to notice that the "seller" was acting shifty; thus, he didn't get my money.

Bottom line is: don't let your desire for a good deal cloud your mind from assessing the risk involved. You know, unless you don't mind laying down that much money on a gamble of that magnitude. (And it is a gamble. There is no safety net.) You're your own protector on this, so be smart about it.

And if you get burned, no complaining.
    Last edited by bigmattyh; Wed 9 Jul '03, 8:56pm.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by Freddie
    Yes, but personally I would avoid Enpower notebooks.
    Maybe so... However he can get a Dell Inspiron 600m starting at $1299.00.

Leave a comment:

• someuser190826
    replied
    I just got a Apple PowerMac G4 400 mhz 128sdram for 400$ CDN :-D

Also this is my attitude against buying stuff on ebay. If its a short-term good deal thing then go for it, if its a long-term expensive thing then forget it. For ex: I bought 2 mice off ebay. Great deals, I wouldn't buy a Labtop or video camera from ebay though. I want it from sources that I have immediate access to, and who I know i can trust.

Leave a comment:

• Freddie Bingham
    replied
    Yes, but personally I would avoid Enpower notebooks.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Heck you can get the 2.4 Ghz model for less than what is for sell on that site...

http://www.pcclub.com/systems_config...bomid=ENP25203

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    I don't think it is a good deal...

Here is a brand-new 1.9 GHZ P-IV laptop for about $1199.00. Most of the rest of the specs are pretty much the same.
    http://www.pcclub.com/systems_config...bomid=ENP34504

Personally, Centrino is not worth $250.00 to me. I can buy a PCMCIA Wireless adapter for between $50.00 and $80.00 and spend the rest on an extra battery or two. Heck, you live in Southern California. I betcha there is store nearby. I know of stores in Palmdale (near me), Santa Clarita, Burbank, City of Industry, Anaheim and Lake Forest. I am sure they have more and one is probably close to you. They have great service and you can order online and pick it up in the store and save a bunch on shipping. Plus you get a warranty from someone you won't have to try and track down on the Internet.
    Last edited by Wayne Luke; Wed 9 Jul '03, 5:00pm.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X