X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need advice ASAP

http://www.teenadvicecenter.com/foru...0&pagenumber=1

I have no idea what to do about the conflict between Gandalf and goose.

Goose is a deeply religious mod, and Gandalf is an atheist.

Goose motions a 1 week ban from the religion forum.

PLEASE TELL ME YOUR OPINIONS, I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO! (pages 3-4 are where the fight is at)

It's your forum. If you feel that one of them broke rules, then take action, whether it be banning or something else.
    --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
    Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
    vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew111888
      http://www.teenadvicecenter.com/foru...0&pagenumber=1

PLEASE TELL ME YOUR OPINIONS, I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO! (pages 3-4 are where the fight is at)
      If you have no idea what to do, then DE-ADMIN yourself
      You're my Prince of Peace
      And I will live my life for You

Comment

Yeah, and if you're the admin, the mod should have asked you before and telling the reason why he did that.
        Ueli

Comment

Originally posted by nuno
          If you have no idea what to do, then DE-ADMIN yourself
          Well thanks for the advice.

God forbid I ask for a second opinion.

Comment

I absolutely do not believe that Gandalf deserves a 1 week ban from the religion forum. That's ludicrous.

Neither Gandalf nor Goose will ever convince the other of their point of view. So the topic should just remain closed. No punishment dealt.

As an aside, I entirely agree with Gandalf in that thread.

EDIT: Also, goose is entirely wrong. As goose is not gay and obviously has not done research, he can't comment on how gays "choose" to be gay. They're not. They have a difference in their brains. http://www.junkscience.com/news/gayears.htm
            Last edited by CeleronXT; Wed 9 Jul '03, 1:51pm.
            "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
            "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
            Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

dear oh dear
              I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Oh, and no, I'm not gay.. (It kinda looked that way from my post?)
                "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
                "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
                Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

Andrew, being an agnostic, I totally find what Goose is "relating" totally uncalled for. He is berating a poster because that person doesn't happen to agree with HIM.

And i've known many "gays" in my years to know that what he is spouting is utter bullcrap.

It is your board, but I think Goose is in the wrong. Gandalf does share many of my beliefs, but not all, but he shouldn't have to be "shouted" down or "banned" for that.

And i've read the bible.

Maybe you should looke at those who you give power of moderating and see if they have themselves, hidden agendas.
                  There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Comment

My opinion?

Goose should not be a mod. First off, anyone who cannot see beyond what has been drilled into their heads since birth is not fit to be a moderator. If they can't see someone else's point of view, they should not be a moderator of any site. Second: he keeps going on about "Homosexuality isn't right". Little does he know that 1 in 50 people are gay. He probably knows gays who are too afraid to admit it to him because he is so narrow-minded. Third: Goose cannot even practice what he preaches, "Arguing and debate is expected, but if you disagree with someone's view or opinion, please try and do so in a patient and polite manner." and "Be kind and courteous when debating with somebody. This will keep the forum friendly for all parties involved."

Additionally, I'm an Atheist and know more about Christianity than goose does:
                    I have seen no facts backing up the ancient religion. No one has ever seen Anubis, Osiris, Iris, any of them. They are generally regarded as fairy tales. People have, however, seen Jesus and his miracles. It is a fact that he died and rose again. Christianity has very little in common with the religion, either. Where Matthew wrote the gospel has no influence on this. I'm in Texas right now, and I still would have the same beliefs were I home in Louisiana. And even if it did matter, which it doesn't, there were four gospels, not one.
                    His miracles are described solely in The Bible. No where else. Funny thing huh? It's like a death threat that they can't figure out who the author is: It's a farce.

And, although Gandalf is an atheist, he doesn't know the Christian religion either:
                    Have you ever seen Jesus? I think not. Has anyone seen Jesus? I think not. Is there any evidence of the "fact" that he existed? No, there is not. Will there ever be? No, there won't. "What about the shroud of Turin?", it was made in 700AD.
                    There are too many references to him for him not to have existed. Goose is correct in mentioning the Roman records. He did exist. The question of whether he is the Son of God is truly the question.

Next, Goose is full of himself. In reply to Gandalf's low-blow query, 'Find me one christian that is worthy of the name Christian. There are none.', he replied with himself.

Although I don't know the story behind "Pseudo Super Moderator" I don't think that he should have that title because it shows that he thinks more of himself than he is.

Goose needs to learn that one can never claim how good you are. Doing that shows how self-centered you are.

...oh and Gandalf also needs to cool down. He took Goose's bait hook, like, and sinker.

My views....I think I'll join that site now

(Oh, and Andrew -- You've got a lot of audacity to run a teen advice center. I cannot imagine the amount of time and effort you put into it.)
                    Last edited by Beorn; Wed 9 Jul '03, 5:04pm.

Comment

Sorry for not being any help earlier Andrew. However I do agree with your decision not to punish and to leave the thread locked.

It appeared to me that your moderator was attempting banning due to frustration with expressing his view and beliefs and accepting another's views and beliefs.

I'd like to see how he reacts to the same when he reaches the other members age in 3 years time. As people grow and learn more, and read more they change and grow themselves.

I think it was all just down to a difference of opinons, a difference of age and a difference of experience.

I do think your Moderator should be de-Modded for the time being though, until he can accept that not all will agree with his views and as a moderator, he would need to be tolerant of all views.
                      TopDog

Comment

Thanks Beorn and beth and everyone else who replied, I told them no punishment would be fulfilled and goose posted in the mod forum the following statement:

Completely unfair. 8 rule violations. In one post. Not to mention the others, like this "And in this case I am calling you an intolerant son of a whore. I was originally given control over the R+B forum for a reason. As that is the forum that I basically run, I should have some say as to who can post in it, and who can't. It looks to me like you're picking favorites here. The guy hasn't been here the better part of two weeks, and you want him to be an administrator. You say he's 'wise'. Wise enough to have sex before he could spell his name? You say he's 'not afraid to speak his mind'. Say, I remeber someone else like that. def. And monty. Come to think of it, who here isn't afraid to tell how they truly feel? Me making this thread proves that I'm not. He fails to reccognize me as a moderator of the forum. He treats me like dirt. I don't like it, I asked him to stop, and he continued. But no, he can code, so I guess he's alright....
                        to which i replied:

Those rules apply to EVERYONE, even you.

You never asked him to stop, and if you did, it was long after it started, so that in itself was pointless.

Def posted incorrect information in a topic where FACT was all there was, no faith or belief involved. Monty publicly insulted everyone without a shred of evidence why he was insulting them. Bram clearly stated why he was insulting you, which was due to your intolerance of gay people and comparing them to murderers.

You run the forum and generally call the shots in that forum unless an administrator overrules your decision, which I have done.

Having sex before he could spell his name is his choice, and if he thinks it's okay, then let him be. If you don't think it's okay, too bad it's past and done with and his life.

The religion forum is there for you to debate and discuss religion, and you were debating it. He got nasty when you wouldn't accept his views.

Comment

Originally posted by Beorn
                          Second: he keeps going on about "Homosexuality isn't right". Little does he know that 1 in 50 people are gay.
                          Beorn - I was impressed with your post, and I agreed with what you had to say. I just had to point out that little quote - you are essentially saying that because 1 in 50 people are gay, that means that it's alright. I'm not getting into the argument itself, but the fact that 2% of the population does anything doesn't necessarily make it "right".

Anyhow...
                          Google Earth Hacks - Golf Nation
                          Screen Dig - That's Pretty Dumb
                          Tech Support Humor

Comment

Religion is always going to be a hot topic no matter where you go.

Good advice given to me usually is: Whatever you do, dont discuss sex, religion or politics

Maybe keep a closer eye on the religion forum from now on or have it moderated by two so theres a balance somehow.

Good luck Andrew. You've taken on quite a bit. Something I wouldnt dare to do and I'm 25
                            TopDog

Comment

That's BBAdmins and they are down, and have been for quite a few weeks.

Why doesn't it belong here? I'm not asking their views though I'm grateful for hearing them, I'm seeking their counsel as to how to handle this issue.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X