Does this cost sound right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does this cost sound right?

600-700 for a custom header (including rotating splash images) and buttons.

2000 for a forums redesign plus main page (vbH(L))

Seems a little high to me....

2000 what? Jelly beans?
    Motorsport Forums

Comment

600, 700, and 2000 US Dollars to be precise!

Comment

It's a little high, but it depends on what company.

If it's somebody like Ceonex, $2000 sounds good. If it's somebody like Ravio, etc., $500 is about right.
        :)

Comment

I suppose it depends on who you're having the design done by. By "forums re-design", if you're referring to a custom style plus a home page, that does seem quite high, and $600-$700 for a custom header? That's seems a bit high.

I took a look at your forums and while they do seem active, close to $3,000 US dollars seems rediculous. Ravio only charges $500 minimum for a custom style. If you don't mind me asking, who is quoting you this price?

Comment

Originally posted by DirectPixel
            It's a little high, but it depends on what company.

If it's somebody like Ceonex, $2000 sounds good. If it's somebody like Ravio, etc., $500 is about right.
            HAHA! $2000 design from ceonex, you've got to be dreaming.. ceonex usually charges about $5000 for template page fully coded with flash. Ravio for a fact I know charged rsmhost.com about $2500...

Drumsy... I would say for what your wanting about $1000 - $1600 sounds right

Comment

RSMHost has a very detailed and developed layout, though. If you're not looking for something so developed, it shouldn't be that much.
              "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
              "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
              Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

Sounds a bit steep to me. However it does depend on who is carrying out the work.

Comment

Originally posted by CeleronXT
                  RSMHost has a very detailed and developed layout, though. If you're not looking for something so developed, it shouldn't be that much.
                  as I said, $1000-$1600 sounds right

Comment

They charged RSMHost $2000+ for the forums style, the sites layout and a modernbill skin.

Comment

Originally posted by Game Wizards
                      They charged RSMHost $2000+ for the forums style, the sites layout and a modernbill skin.
                      yes, and webhostingtalk.com also payed alot for just a forum style. It all depends on the designer doing the layout. Once again... as you said $2000+ for all of that, why do you think im saying $1000-$1600?

Comment

Originally posted by drumsy
                        600-700 for a custom header (including rotating splash images) and buttons.

2000 for a forums redesign plus main page (vbH(L))

Seems a little high to me....
                        pricing is relative.. to me it would seem high but then again i can appreciate the work that goes into graphic/design as i sux at learning how to do graphics

there's a good chance one or two members on your forums dabble in graphics and could do something better and/or cheaper than what's quoted (assuming this is work quoted for your forums ? )
                        :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                        :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Originally posted by Xelation
                          yes, and webhostingtalk.com also payed alot for just a forum style. It all depends on the designer doing the layout. Once again... as you said $2000+ for all of that, why do you think im saying $1000-$1600?
                          though if you can afford it, why not? robert is bloody loaded, may as well get the best for your money

Comment

What's funny is the person quoting the price is a member of my forum. Some other work of his:

www.offtopic.com
                            www.californiadyson.com
                            www.autopia.ws

I am just looking to change from the structured layout we currently have to something along the lines of these sites:

www.vwvortex.com
                            www.freshalloy.com

Comment

He is not that good for that much
                              Running vB since 4-14-2002

Comment

Working...
                              X