FTP Program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTP Program

I'm looking for an FTP program that will show me all the files in a directory. If there's an .htaccess file then I want to know it's there and download it if I need to. I'm currently trying FlashFXP and it does not show me hidden files, so I need something that does. Thanks.

leapftp (www.leapware.com) shows me hidden files.

However, it may be the server you're connecting to that's not displaying them.
    My board: http://forums.psx-dude.net
    Others: Find it Damn't!, Anime Site.

Comment

Originally posted by psx-dude
      leapftp (www.leapware.com) shows me hidden files.

However, it may be the server you're connecting to that's not displaying them.
      I use smartftp on my windows box, usually i just do everything in ssh via SecureCRT though.

J.

Comment

I am using FlashFXP.
        They are cheap, and its a one time fee. Which is great for future upgrades.

They support to show just the files, or even the invisible ones.

And you can set up a lot of file skipping stuff and/or priority files. It also supports fxp which is great for doing global backups, etc.

It was worth the little bit of money. Definitly.

Comment

As I said, I am trying that but I can't get it to display files such as .htaccess. If you know how then please let me know.

Comment

lol sorry
            I was just being ironic
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, that cleared things up. I thought I had checked something and I guess I didn't.

Comment

FlashFXP is teh bomb

(blah blah blah, filling 60s flood limit with some blah blah blah)

Comment

FlashFXP is good. I've always liked it.

Comment

I use smartftp

Comment

I've used SmartFTP before and it's decent for a free FTP program but I really like FlashFXP, especially since it gives you the capability to transfer between two servers.

Comment

Originally posted by Radon3k
                        I've used SmartFTP before and it's decent for a free FTP program but I really like FlashFXP, especially since it gives you the capability to transfer between two servers.
                        you can transfer between two servers with smartftp to.. I do it all the time

Comment

I guess I didn't explore that feature then.

Comment

Originally posted by Radon3k
                            Its not free anymore, damnit.

While you dont have to pay to use it at all - you get popup reminders asking you to pay

Comment

www.smartftp.com - fantastic and free. Used it for over a year now and it does automatic updates too which is nice

- miSt
                              Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X