Clear All

• Freddie Bingham
    replied
    This is where my allegiances have been:

Number Nine (771)
    Matrox
    3DFX
    Nvidia

I have a heavy bias against ATI from when they were rather a joke (during the S3/Matrox 2D reign). So as long as Nvidia is comparable, I will stick with them. Same thing with AMD, as long as Intel is comparable I will always use Intel. I can never seem to get the AMD 386/486 bad taste out of my mouth. <shrug>

.. but then my interest in games started to wain back in 1996-1997. My computer is always faster than lightning but I don't keep my video card up to date (I have a Ti4600).

Leave a comment:

• Radon3k
    replied
    I currently have an ATI Radeon 8500. I've never had one problem with ATI. I don't like nVidia mainly because I used to own a Voodoo 5 5500 and when nVidia bought 3DFX they stopped supporting the Voodoo cards, so I've kind of been boycotting nVidia because of that, though that was many years ago.

Leave a comment:

• Xelation
    replied
    been using a radeon9700 pro for over almost a year now and am going to continue to use ati because I've never had one problem with installation or any bugs to this date. 3d gaming has been joyous for me to

Leave a comment:

• JulianD
    replied
    I've been using NVIDIA since the GeForce2, then I got a GeForce3 and that's what I'm using right now. I don't have money to upgrade my videocard right now, but I would gladly buy some ATI video card because I've seen their performance and video quality

Leave a comment:

• Raz Meister
    replied
    Been using ATI out of habit for years.

Not really a gamer so I went for the ATI All-in-Wonder Radeon yonks ago.

Leave a comment:

• Jerry
    started a poll nvida - ati

nvida - ati

Nvidia
    41.03%
    ati
    51.28%
    other
    7.69%

The poll is expired.

I've always been nvidia, just out of habit not really thinking about it, until I did some research into ATi's drivers, then actually chose nvidia, though that was years ago.

Who uses what now?
Working...
X