inktomisearch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://dhtml.ws/bots.html

That has the bots bandwidth use for about the last month and a half, I installed awstats later half of May

For me it works well, if as I have said before here if I go to google and search for "Fantasy Sports Wire" get around 50,000 returns so I am happy. Have not seen much of anything though in any of the other search engines (still trying to figure out what scooter was doing)

Comment

This bot has been archiving my site for three days now.
      http://www.bgtguide.com
      Busch Gardens Tampa Guide
      Forums: http://www.floridathrills.net

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon
        ! Wow, i didn't know search engine spiders stuck around THAT long! I'd rather it threw 40 at my site at once n got it over with ... At least that way my 'max users online' stat would look more impressive
        That's what they did with my site and it still took them 2 or 3 days to finish.

Comment

Its been at my site for two days now and I only have a few thousand threads. How long would it take if I had 100,000 - suspect I would have a permanant guest.

Comment

Originally posted by G-khan
            Its been at my site for two days now and I only have a few thousand threads. How long would it take if I had 100,000 - suspect I would have a permanant guest.
            Google, Inktomi, never leave my site for more than 24 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Zecherieh
              Google, Inktomi, never leave my site for more than 24 hours.
              How often due these bots stop by... I have installed a bot friendly hack that I found over at vbulletin.org, is their anything I can do to speed up their arrival?

Comment

Submit.

Comment

I've just finished with the 50 inktomi bots, now back to googlebot

Comment

Originally posted by jam583
                    inktomisearch.com has been on my site nearly 48 hours now .... I wasn't sure what they were until I came here .. cause I teid to type inktomisearch.com and got no page.
                    Their webpage is www.inktomi.com

Actually, I find all bots to be mildly troublesome. My members get rather frustrated when they view "Who's Online" and see so many guests viewing pages that they don't have access to or trying to perform Moderating Duties or trying to Edit other members posts or any number of things that normal guests are restricted from doing. I know they're not actually doing anything, except searching links on our pages, but a few members are convinced that guests are stealing our custom made smilies.

We're not listed on search engines and I've eliminated all Meta tags, but still we get bots roaming our pages for hours upon days. What can we do to eliminate them?

Comment

Originally posted by Trobin
                      Their webpage is www.inktomi.com

Actually, I find all bots to be mildly troublesome. My members get rather frustrated when they view "Who's Online" and see so many guests viewing pages that they don't have access to or trying to perform Moderating Duties or trying to Edit other members posts or any number of things that normal guests are restricted from doing. I know they're not actually doing anything, except searching links on our pages, but a few members are convinced that guests are stealing our custom made smilies.

We're not listed on search engines and I've eliminated all Meta tags, but still we get bots roaming our pages for hours upon days. What can we do to eliminate them?
                      You need to add a robots.txt file to your server. Any spiders should look at that which will tell them what they can and can't edit

For more information:
                      http://www.searchengineworld.com/rob...s_tutorial.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                        It was on my site for two days. And I was pretty darn calm the whole time.
                        This sucker has been on my site for 2 days now and is a guest 30 times

truckingboards.com

Comment

GuestViewing Profile of a Forum Member06:37 PM j3191.inktomisearch.comGuestViewing Thread St. Louis Mo06:44 PM j3192.inktomisearch.comGuestModerating Duties06:45 PM j3190.inktomisearch.comGuestEditing Post06:33 PM j3189.inktomisearch.comGuestReporting a Post06:32 PM j3173.inktomisearch.comGuestViewing User Control Panel06:35 PM j3197.inktomisearch.comGuestViewing Profile of a Forum Member06:40 PM j3117.inktomisearch.comGuestViewing Thread NY Times: No. 2 in Trucking, Yellow, Will Buy No. 1, Roadway06:42 PM j3129.inktomisearch.comGuestViewing Forum VITRAN06:40 PM j3124.inktomisearch.comGuestViewing FAQ06:34 PM j3143.inktomisearch.comGuestUnknown Location: /trucking/upload/showthread.php?goto=lastpost&forumid=26&06:40 PM j3195.inktomisearch.comGuestSearching Forums06:45 PM j3167.inktomisearch.comGuestViewing Profile of a Forum Member06:44 PM j3147.inktomisearch.comGuestViewing Thread Raise???????????????????06:45 PM j3175.inktomisearch.comGuestTruckingboards.com Forums Main Index06:41 PM j3105.inktomisearch.comGuestViewing Thread City Lunch Breaks06:34 PM j3170.inktomisearch.comGuestViewing User Control Panel06:37 PM j3109.inktomisearch.comGuestSearching Forums06:41 PM j3110.inktomisearch.comGuestViewing Profile of a Forum Member06:33 PM j3120.inktomisearch.comGuestViewing Profile of a Forum Member06:46 PM j3121.inktomisearch.comGuestTruckingboards.com Forums Main Index06:35 PM cache-rp03.proxy.aol.comGuestViewing User Control Panel06:46 PM j3126.inktomisearch.comGuestViewing FAQ06:32 PM j3199.inktomisearch.comGuestViewing Thread Echo... echo... echo06:42 PM j3122.inktomisearch.comGuestViewing Calendar06:34 PM j3119.inktomisearch.comGuestRegistering...06:33 PM j3157.inktomisearch.comGuestViewing Profile of a Forum Member06:37 PM j3194.inktomisearch.comGuestTruckingboards.com Forums Main Index06:40 PM j3177.inktomisearch.comGuestUnknown Location: /trucking/upload/showthread.php?goto=lastpost&forumid=45&06:43 PM j3159.inktomisearch.comGuestTruckingboards.com Forums Main Index06:38 PM j3106.inktomisearch.comGuestTruckingboards.com Forums Main Index06:44 PM j3103.inktomisearch.comGuestViewing FAQ06:39 PM j3151.inktomisearch.comGuestViewing Forum Help Wanted06:46 PM j3185.inktomisearch.comGuestSending a Private Message06:32 PM j3136.inktomisearch.comGuestViewing Forum Other Messageboards06:42 PM j3184.inktomisearch.comGuestSending a Private Message06:33 PM j3176.inktomisearch.comGuestViewing Thread W.A.R.N act news06:39 PM j3141.inktomisearch.comGuestViewing Forum OLD DOMINION06:46 PM j3108.inktomisearch.comGuestEditing Post06:38 PM j3104.inktomisearch.comGuestViewing Profile of a Forum Member06:46 PM j3160.inktomisearch.comGuestModerating Duties06:39 PM j3140.inktomisearch.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X