Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want a powerbook! NOW would be a good time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want a powerbook! NOW would be a good time.

This is the one I like. Has anyone got one? Happy with? Let me know.

17-inch PowerBook G4

once u go mac, u'll never go back!

:cool: That which is obvious, needs no introduction. :cool:

If I had one of those, I would either gut the inside and remove everything 'MAC' or just sell it and buy a real computer

http://www.alienware.com/Configurato.../area-51m.aspx If your interested I can get you alienware PCs for tons cheaper. They are the same PCs, just not alienware brand.
    Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

the 17'' powerbooks aren't portables, they are small form factor desktops.

i want a 12'' one to replace my iBook.

Comment

I'm personally waiting for Apple to update the 15'' (hopefully at least an announcement tomorrow ) and then I'd get that

Comment

Originally posted by Jakeman
          the 17'' powerbooks aren't portables, they are small form factor desktops.

i want a 12'' one to replace my iBook.
          i change my mind, i think i want a 12" too. now that i think of it, i want to be able to take it with me on the go...

Comment

Wait, the G5 should be out very soon, there was a "slip up" (Read: Marketing gimmic) in their store listng the G5 a few days ago.

Even if you can't afford a new G5, the prices on all current G4 and G3 will drop.

Comment

Originally posted by tgillespie
              If I had one of those, I would either gut the inside and remove everything 'MAC' or just sell it and buy a real computer

http://www.alienware.com/Configurato.../area-51m.aspx If your interested I can get you alienware PCs for tons cheaper. They are the same PCs, just not alienware brand.
              What brand are you talking about, I think I know, I am interested in the new Hive-Mindm (the Centrino one). If that brand has them let me know.

Comment

I too am interested in PC's. But do you get whole PC's or can you get hardware as well?

Comment

I had a play with a 12" iBook in Selfridges once and thought the screen was really cheap and nasty. It was dull even with the brightness turned up full. My eyes would be fit for nothing after using it for half an hour. What I want is the Mac OS on my PC.

Comment

I should be getting one in a few months if my plans go to plan.

Comment

Actually right now would be a very bad time to buy because Apple's going to announce the G5s today, which usually also means price cuts on older models.
                      --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
                      Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
                      vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Originally posted by filburt1
                        Actually right now would be a very bad time to buy because Apple's going to announce the G5s today, which usually also means price cuts on older models.
                        And then I strike and buy one.

Comment

Nope, can't be done.
                          The Wiire

Comment

It can't really be done. First there are the legal issues, then the technical issues.

One person is trying to do it, and he is getting it to run, but what he is allowed to do to the OS legally to make it run is very restrictive. It is near impossible for you to get it to even start to install, and then be stable.

There is no way that you will get it to run.

Comment

Originally posted by UHN_ED
                              It can't really be done. First there are the legal issues, then the technical issues.

One person is trying to do it, and he is getting it to run, but what he is allowed to do to the OS legally to make it run is very restrictive. It is near impossible for you to get it to even start to install, and then be stable.

There is no way that you will get it to run.
                              I think I'll just wait for the G5 then, and get a 12".

Comment

Working...
                              X