Email - What do you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email - What do you do?

Hey like me i am sure many of you have several sites and reciveve lots of mail on a daily basis. I am just wondering how you handle it, because to be honest i am getting fed up. I have 3 websites and for example 3 addresses for each so there is 9 email accounts i check daily. The my yahoo and hotmail etc. I cant use a catch all because i have other staff who use email alias on the domains.

What can i do? I was thinking of setting a yahoo account up and forwarding them all to there. I also have hivemail is there anything i could do with that?

Anjam

I setup accounts on Outlook Express for each of my email address and OE downloads them all.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I don't like how Outlook handles Hotmail though. It's very slow.

Comment

I use Ximian Evolution to check my email. Not only does it sort it by account but it will sort my mailing lists into their own folders and tell me how many new messages I get for each. It works very similarly to Outlook and comes standard with most Linux Distributions.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
          I use Ximian Evolution to check my email. Not only does it sort it by account but it will sort my mailing lists into their own folders and tell me how many new messages I get for each. It works very similarly to Outlook and comes standard with most Linux Distributions.
          Are you using Linux as your primary OS?

Comment

I think he is!
            I am now!

Comment

Originally posted by Radon3k
              Are you using Linux as your primary OS?
              Yep... Was using it 50% - 70% of the time for the last 6 months and switched over completely about a month ago. Don't even have Windows installed on my primary workstation.

Wayne Luke
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

hmm.. What distro are you using? I'm not even sure I could do that. I like Linux but I think the change would take a while to get used to.

Comment

I am using Redhat Linux 9 with KDE as my Window Manager. KDE works pretty much like Windows Explorer, in fact you can get a Luna XP theme for it to make it look exactly like Windows. Or a DOTNET theme if you like the more classic look.

Only took me a couple of days using it fulltime to get back up to speed.

Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I have Linux RedHat 9 installed on my secondary hard drive. I forget if it's KDE or Gnome that's installed as the GUI. I may do a re-install of it. I wish Whine worked that way I could get my Windows programs to work (those that don't have Linux counter-parts).

Comment

Check this site for linux replacements: http://linuxshop.ru/linuxbegin/win-lin-soft-en/

Also if you didn't customize your packages, Gnome is the default Desktop Environment for Redhat. You can go into Package manager and install KDE without a reinstall. Then before you login click on "session" and switch your session from Gnome to KDE.

Wayne Luke
                      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Thanks for that. I'll review it.

Comment

Right now I'm on Linux RedHat 9 using KDE. I'm using Konquerer right now to view this page and it loads pretty fast and the fonts are neat. I think I may try Firebird next just to see how they compare.

Comment

I would switch to Linux, if it wasn't for Trillian, Photoshop, Counter-Strike, and Dreamweaver MX.
                            :)

Comment

Originally posted by DirectPixel
                              I would switch to Linux, if it wasn't for Trillian, Photoshop, Counter-Strike, and Dreamweaver MX.
                              Hmm Well...

GAIM or Kopete replaces Trillian and work just as well.
                              GIMP replaces Photoshop.
                              You can run Counter-strike and many under games under WineX (which costs just $15.00)
                              Well haven't looked for anything to replace Dreamweaver, but then again I never liked that program anyway and can't stand using it.

Wayne Luke
                              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X