Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much do you pay for your internet connection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1.5Mbps/128kbps - Verizon - $35/month.

That price is because I have a package deal with local/long distance and DSL all together.

When I first got it, it was $59.95/month, then it went down to $43 or so a month about 6 months ago, and just recently went down to $35.

They don't offer the 1.5Mbps package anymore on their website for my area, but I have it. So I think I'm getting it for the 768kbps price. Or something like that... I dunno.

Comment

It seems pricing is more expensive down in the US than here in Canada...

Comment

Just saw on tv that comcast has a special for broadband 19.95 for the first 6 months

Comment

Im on PTD cable modem www.ptd.net i pay $30.00/month i think thats a good deal

Comment

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar
            Can't you get NTL?

I pay £34.99 for 1mbps down and 256kb/s up.
            I do the same, well my Dad pays .

Comment

70 euro's / month for 1mbit/512kbit ADSL. Provider is Jippii.

Comment

From Monday January 27, 1998 - Tuesday July 26 7:45PM 2003, I was on the MMG ADSL network (anyone remember that?), 4mbps down 640kbps up $64.95/month.

Then they killed the old school network (orginal ADSL hardware very orignal un-scalable). so I switched to the new Network (1 1/2 days downtime they shutdown the entire area at once). Now I pay $54.95 for 2.5mbps/640kbps (clocked at 900kbps upload though).

Comment

I pay $45 a month for Roadrunner cable for 2Mbit down and 350 up. I used to have Pacbell DSL for $49.95 a month but I would not switch back even when if it becomes $29.95 a month.
                  • My current cable is faster download and more than twice as fast uploading.
                  • It goes down much less frequently than Pacbell (though it didn't go down all that much). It is less bothered by storms and such that affected the DSL.
                  • When it does have a problem the cable guy will be there the same day or the next morning to look at it. They even come out on the weekends. Have you ever tried to weed your way through Pacbell's (SBC) tech support. You don't want to.
                  • My IP is dynamic but it only actually changes I turn my computer off for hours, which I never do.

Comment

I'm getting ready to move (not too far) but I hope that DSL is available. If it is, I saw a package advertised for like 7mbps download and 780kbps upload for like $160 per month. I'll get it.

Comment

looks like i'm getting ripped off...

i'm using charter cable, and i get around an average of 100kbps down, and 15kbps up for $50 a month!
                      http://www.webtrickscentral.com/images/wtcsig.jpg

Comment

$39 US per moth for OptOnine broad band... fairly reliable and unlimited bandwidth... I go through 100 to 400 gigs of bandwidth per month, so I'm glad I have no limit...

Comment

Originally posted by Radon3k
                          I'm getting ready to move (not too far) but I hope that DSL is available. If it is, I saw a package advertised for like 7mbps download and 780kbps upload for like $160 per month. I'll get it.
                          A little loaded are we?

You wana help me out with a new deticated machine for www.modtheater.com
                          Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

$20/mo. Unlimited Access. 56k.

Comment

Originally posted by Dewey
                              $20/mo. Unlimited Access. 56k.
                              I did not know people still paid for 56k access. I got it free 2 years ago before I switched to aDSL.
                              Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

Originally posted by tgillespie
                                A little loaded are we?

You wana help me out with a new deticated machine for www.modtheater.com
                                Sure, only if I get to use it as well.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X