Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What can I say? I am very pissed off with this situation.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can I say? I am very pissed off with this situation.

Firstly, I do not like to slate companies but I am only posting here because I want other peoples opinions.

Around a week ago I was having problems with my server - mysql wasn't working and it couldn't be started. At the same time I was emailed by rackshack to say that my server was attempting hack other computers (They were actually suggesting that I was doing it deliberatly myself). It turned out that the server was infected by a worm/virus (they never gave anymore detail). I was told to request a restore and to ask for my disc to be slaved so I could get the data off it.

So, I thought; fair enough, it happens, I will pay to get it restored.

13 hours went by and I was informed that the server had been restored and that the slave disc (With all my data) would be available till 19th June.

So now, at this point I am impressed with their service.

But this is where the problem starts: When the mysql databases were being restored, all the weird errors that had been encountered before the restore were coming up again. The server was not responding and was not working.

I submit a trouble ticket and after 10 hours! i get a reply saying: system files corrupted, request another restore. Exactly the same problems as before.

How can this happen I asked myself ?
    I can only conclude that they took the money and did not do the restore. Then I am told I have to pay for something again which they didnt properly do the first time. I believe this to be unacceptable.

I submitted a ticket to customer service over 15 hours ago and still have had no response whatsoever.

The position I am in now is that I will lose all my data tomorrow because i cant get into the server to download it and they are making me pay for their mistakes !

I have been with rackshack for over 1 year and have never, I repeat NEVER used the customer support until now and I must say I am ashamed at the way I have been treated.

I would like everybody's 2 cents.
    Email: [email protected]
    Site: Under Construction

Rackshack provides unmanaged servers... i.e. No Support.

If you have issues with them you will have to take it up with them or on a site like Webhostingtalk.com where people are allowed to make these complaints.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      Rackshack provides unmanaged servers... i.e. No Support.
      Exactly. I PAID THEM extra to do the restore and they didn't because the issues are still there.
      Email: [email protected]
      Site: Under Construction

Comment

Restoring the server two times, unsuccessful is sad. If I was rackshack I probably would of been hestitent to do a restore if you had a worm on your machine. Anyways, I love RackShack. I do not use the currently, but when I worked for MMGN, their machines we're awesome.
        Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

Sorry, I had meant to close this with my original reply. You will have to take your discussion to either Rackshack's or another third party forum.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X