Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest Harry Potter Book Madness?

From: http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/med...p?story=416518
    The hottest property in publishing just got hotter. Days before the latest Harry Potter book is to go on sale, a raider drove off with a lorry-load of about 8,000 copies of the book in Merseyside.

Police valued the stolen copies of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix at about £130,000, but experts warned that the thief would have trouble selling them on. Tim Godfray, chief executive of the Booksellers Association said yesterday: "Perhaps he thought it would be an enormous quantity of cigarettes."

The trailer of books was stolen from a trading estate in Newton-le-Willows on Sunday. The books are to go on sale nationwide on Saturday.
    Police said security staff were duped by the driver's false papers and allowed him to hook a truck he had stolen to the trailer containing 7,680 books. He then drove off.
    Good Grief!!! The things people do to read a book before it even gets out!
    *shakes his head in disbelief*
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Wow, that is a mess load of books.

I'm not really interested in the next book, maybe it is because I have yet to read the 4th one..

Comment

haha my mom pre-ordered it like 6 months ago.

Comment

Bet it was a stunt to make sure that it got into the news
        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

I'm waiting for the audio book ... too lazy to read fiction nowadays
          OPEN TECH SUPPORT
          "Tech is our middle name!"

Comment

Originally posted by Tolitz
            I'm waiting for the audio book ... too lazy to read fiction nowadays
            You could always wait for the movie... Then you wouldn't have to exercise your brain imagining all the scenes.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
            Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Wait for the 5th book as a movie? I might be dead by that time
              OPEN TECH SUPPORT
              "Tech is our middle name!"

Comment

My copy should be here, from Amazon UK, soon! Woo! 50% off and all!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkB
                  My copy should be here, from Amazon UK, soon! Woo! 50% off and all!
                  Getting my copy for free so BEAT YA ALL!
                  ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                  Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

I am going to get mine Saturday. Whoo!

Comment

Going to get it 11:59Friday PDT
                      Time to go get camping gear to stalk BorderS

Comment

The Steven Frey audio books are *much* better than the Jim Dale versions. imho of course.

Comment

/me waits till Saturday

Comment

I pre-ordered mine, should be here in about 1 week
                            A bullet may have your name on it, but shrapnel is addressed "to whom it may concern"

Comment

So you all know that Hagrad dies?
                              Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X