Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's gone back to VB2 after installing VB3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's gone back to VB2 after installing VB3?

Just curious, i did.

Although it has nice features and stuff, it was too complicated and messy (the design, not the coding) for new users.

and seeing as my site is run from hacks basicly, i knew i'd have to revert back some time or other.

EDIT: this meant to be a poll, but i forgot to add it. and i can't delet my own topics so, just say yey or neigh
    Yes
    16.00%
    No
    84.00%

I didn't upgrade my vB2 live board so this isn't a problem for me ... so, uhm, nay, I guess...
    OPEN TECH SUPPORT
    "Tech is our middle name!"

Comment

I have vB3 on a test board now, won't upgrade the live until at least RC1 or RC2 =P

Comment

I'm like a super-vB3 fan now, compared to others, even though I was anti-vB3 in the earlier days :-O

Er, I have vB3 on a clone of my live forum, and when I have time, my live one will be upgraded to Beta 3, and do you know why? BECAUSE IT IS AWESOME. Scheduled tasks is a godly thing. All the main options, brilliant. Functionality? great. Coding? Excellent. The new style isn't even here yet! Quick reply: so many options. Speed? Great. Usability? Fine. AdminCP complications: none at all, it's easier to navigate this CP than the vB2 one, there's nothing I find complicated about it

I can't wait to start hacking up vB3, i've done a few little modifications already and it was a breeze. It's all good.

Comment

Originally posted by N9ne
          Scheduled tasks is a godly thing.
          Got cron?
          Raz - KMC Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Raz Meister
            Got cron?
            Sure has.

Comment

I meant to say there is already a "scheduled tasks" function of every Linux installation. It's called 'cron'
              Raz - KMC Forums

Comment

I thought it was a 'got milk' spoof ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Raz Meister
                  I meant to say there is already a "scheduled tasks" function of every Linux installation. It's called 'cron'
                  Yeah but vB3 is different.

vB3 has something on showthread.php and it does a check each time showthread.php is loaded (most loaded page on vB forums) and if it matches a setup scheduled task's time, it will do that action. Cron jobs don't need to be used.

But I do have cron too lol, and I've been using that up til now but vB3 is godsent with this new feature.

Note: If you have a small forum and don't have at least 5-10 members online at all times, you will find that vB3 scheduled tasks are inaccurate.

Comment

Well, I'm running vB3 on a clone of the forum, and I'm actually tempted to give it a go at the live forum. But not yet...

Comment

Originally posted by nebby
                      Just curious, i did.

Although it has nice features and stuff, it was too complicated and messy (the design, not the coding) for new users.

and seeing as my site is run from hacks basicly, i knew i'd have to revert back some time or other.

EDIT: this meant to be a poll, but i forgot to add it. and i can't delet my own topics so, just say yey or neigh
                      You could click on the "Add a Poll to this thread" link at the bottom.

Comment

Where? i can't see it =/

Comment

Originally posted by nebby
                          Where? i can't see it =/

bottom left

Show Printable Version
                          Email this Page
                          Subscribe to this Thread <---- under that for thr author

Comment

Not me!

Comment

Originally posted by Eric12
                              Not me!
                              It only shows up for the thread author he means.
                              vBulletin - Sometimes, I'm just like, Wow, and then I'm like, Whoa, and then I'm like, Damn.

vBulletin.org's ol' Moderator

I have a lifetime terrorist hunting permit - #091101

chmod a+x /bin/laden -- Allows anyone the permission to execute /bin/laden

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X