What Browser is the best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kings
    I'm guessing that it's http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firebird/, by doing a quick Google search.
    Yep, that is it.

Firebird has a 250 millisecond delay built into it before it renders pages to account for dial-up users and prevent pageflash. But if you don't need that, you can even remove that without touching the code.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbaz
      Other browsers support many other platforms where as IE = Windows, which is crap.
      Actually IE is available on the Macintosh OS, Solaris, HP/UX and several other Unix variants.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Hm, Mozilla Firebird seems to load all the pages a lot faster than IE, and I really like the extensions which I can download. I've switched over. I'm going to test a few days, and if I like it, make it my default browser.

What's this XUL/interface stuff? Any links where they explain it?

Comment

Yep, i downloaded Mozilla Firebird and it is a lot faster than IE and Opera, but why do Mozilla have 2 types of browsers?

1. Being Mozilla
          2. Being Mozilla Firebird?

Comment

I hate to admit it, but IE is the only one for me. It seems to be the one that is the most compatible with just about everything on the net. I am not into "supporting" anyone in particular, but if it works and does all that I need it to, then it's got my vote. Too many things seems to be IE 5.5+ only capable anymore. Look at the WYSIWYG in vB3 for instance.

Wayne, why can't you run IE on your system?
            vBulletin - Sometimes, I'm just like, Wow, and then I'm like, Whoa, and then I'm like, Damn.

vBulletin.org's ol' Moderator

I have a lifetime terrorist hunting permit - #091101

chmod a+x /bin/laden -- Allows anyone the permission to execute /bin/laden

Comment

Mozilla Firebird is the future of the browser part of Mozilla, sooner or later they're going to split the mozilla browser into a browser (firebird), e-mail client (thunderbird), and whatever else they decide.
              My board: http://forums.psx-dude.net
              Others: Find it Damn't!, Anime Site.

Comment

I chose Mozilla.

The reason why I do not like IE is because it is slower than Mozilla/NEtscape. The reason?

It checks your code for errors -- and tries to fix them. In my opinion, this is bad because it promotes laziness in programming.

If people would only code their HTML correctly -- it's not hard at all.

Most of the people that use IE are uninformed. When you get a enw computer with an IE icon on the desktop, you're not going to bother going to get Netscape or Opera. It's not people thinking that it is a better browser as much as it is people just using it because they don't know better.
                | DiscBurn | CD & DVD Replication services, film and VHS to DVD, and duplication equipment
                |
                Disc On Demand | Short-run CD & DVD duplication... all online.

Comment

I have IE6, Mozilla Firebird, Opera 7.11 and Netscape 7 installed on my system ... I use all of em to check cross browser compatibility ... for surfing, I use IE6, coz I'm used to it ... it's a matter of preference ... "Better" and "best" are such subjective things
                  OPEN TECH SUPPORT
                  "Tech is our middle name!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kings
                    Hm, Mozilla Firebird seems to load all the pages a lot faster than IE, and I really like the extensions which I can download. I've switched over. I'm going to test a few days, and if I like it, make it my default browser.

What's this XUL/interface stuff? Any links where they explain it?
                    http://www.sitepoint.com/article/1140

Wayne Luke

Comment

I use and like mozilla the best

Comment

Only the best for me..I'll stick with IE
                        Webmaster / Administrator
                        www.MegaGames.com
                        www.MGForums.com

Comment

Originally posted by Vile
                          Only the best for me..I'll stick with IE
                          You gonna shell out $100 for the next version so you can upgrade to Longhorn just to upgrade IE? 6.0 is the end of the standalone browser from Microsoft.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                            You gonna shell out $100 for the next version so you can upgrade to Longhorn just to upgrade IE? 6.0 is the end of the standalone browser from Microsoft.
                            Longhorn won't be here for a while, so I'll worry about that when it happens, but yes, I would eaisly pay the price for a good product, instead of lowering my standards for a cheesy looking and performing one. i.e. Mozilla & Opera.
                            Webmaster / Administrator
                            www.MegaGames.com
                            www.MGForums.com

Comment

Is there a way to actually install Firebird? I downloaded the zip file but it seems as if I have to actually go into that folder to use it as opposed to installing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Vile
                                Longhorn won't be here for a while, so I'll worry about that when it happens, but yes, I would eaisly pay the price for a good product, instead of lowering my standards for a cheesy looking and performing one. i.e. Mozilla & Opera.
                                How, might I ask, are you lowering your standards by choosing a product (Mozilla) that actually supports more standards, and has more features than IE does?

Originally posted by Radon3k
                                Is there a way to actually install Firebird? I downloaded the zip file but it seems as if I have to actually go into that folder to use it as opposed to installing it.
                                Just drag the folder into your Program Files folder or whatever and create a shortcut of the executable to your desktop or wherever you keep them
                                Last edited by MasterMac; Mon 16 Jun '03, 7:54pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X