What Browser is the best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Browser is the best?

What browser do you think is the best? Please post what made you choose your answer.
    Internet Explorer
    51.67%
    Netscape
    1.67%
    Mozilla
    25.00%
    Opera
    6.67%
    AOL Browser
    1.67%
    Konqueror
    3.33%
    Other
    6.67%
    I don't know
    0.00%
    I just use Internet Explorer because i am too lazy to try anything else
    3.33%

I chose Other because I use Mozilla Firebird. However that will replace the browser in the Mozilla Suite as of version 1.5 so it could be considered Mozilla Beta.

I like it because the user Interface is completely customizable using XUL (XML based language) and Javascript. It is also one of the smallest and quickest browsers available today. Because I can completely customize the Interface, it looks exactly the same on WIndows, Linux, Unix, Solaris, or the Mac OSX.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

IE. Mozilla. Opera. Safari.

Because if your site doesn't look good in all of them, you're just not cool.

EDIT: (Just saw Wayne's post)... yeah, I'm using Firebird too and I really like it's features.

But i don't think anything could take over from my default browser; IE

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
        I chose Other because I use Mozilla Firebird. However that will replace the browser in the Mozilla Suite as of version 1.5 so it could be considered Mozilla Beta.

I like it because the user Interface is completely customizable using XUL (XML based language) and Javascript. It is also one of the smallest and quickest browsers available today. Because I can completely customize the Interface, it looks exactly the same on WIndows, Linux, Unix, Solaris, or the Mac OSX.
        Ditto.
        You're my Prince of Peace
        And I will live my life for You

Comment

I have had a little experience with Opera and Mozilla. They both were excelent browsers, but a lot of websites on the net are made to be compatible with IE. Which is a downfall for the rest.
          Rack Blast - Web hosting that is So fast, its a blast!

Comment

If Camino were on the list I would have chosen that but since it's a Mozilla-based app too I just chose Mozilla

Comment

Originally posted by A:\
              But i don't think anything could take over from my default browser; IE
              IE won't run on my computer.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
              Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

opera is the only decent one other than ie for me...dint like mozilla as it messed up my computer n anything aol got to go...dont like !

x

Comment

I use IE, it works
                  A bullet may have your name on it, but shrapnel is addressed "to whom it may concern"

Comment

Wayne Luke, what is the download URL for the version of Mozilla that you are currently using?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbaz
                      Wayne Luke, what is the download URL for the version of Mozilla that you are currently using?

Thanks.
                      I still use netscape 4.x for my mail, but browse mostly with IE 6.0 as vB and Netscape 4.x take forever to load pages.

Comment

Oh, i forgot to say what i am using... Anyway i am using Opera 7.11 the reason is because i am on a dial up modem (56k) and Opera is a lot faster than Internet Explorer or the Normal Mozilla, thats why i was asking Wayne for the url but i bet he won't give it to me hehe.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbaz
                          Oh, i forgot to say what i am using... Anyway i am using Opera 7.11 the reason is because i am on a dial up modem (56k) and Opera is a lot faster than Internet Explorer or the Normal Mozilla, thats why i was asking Wayne for the url but i bet he won't give it to me hehe.
                          I'm guessing that it's http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firebird/, by doing a quick Google search.

Comment

For me, IE. I don't need some flashy browser, all I need it for is to go on webpages. All I have on my copy of IE is the adress bar and the File/Edit/etc bar on one row, cuz that's all I really need.

Comment

Why support Microsoft though? I try to avoid Microsoft as much as possible, they make silly prices for their products and they are just rolling in it.

Other browsers support many other platforms where as IE = Windows, which is crap.

That is why i don't use IE.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X