X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Machol
    replied
    I have answered you.

The final answer to the original post is that ALL piracy reports are investigated, regardless of the claims made otherwise.

Leave a comment:

• Dave_GBAG
    replied
    I did PM you, and I PM'd Ed as well just in case; you weren't online ATM and Ed was, so I wanted to see if I could get an answer quicker.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    You can have only one installation of vB oper license. If the two URLs point to the same physical files and database, then this is not a violation.

As for the banning, please PM me.

Leave a comment:

• Dave_GBAG
    replied
    Well for some odd reason I have been banned.....and this reason I am unsure of. However I will avoid that and move on to answering your question.

IE if I have a board at http://www.domain.com/forums and another vB at domain.com/board do you guys crack down on that? Or if sub-domains have forums that are on the same liscense?

And I did not receive anything, but the problem was taken care of.

Now the question is why was I banned....

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Originally posted by Morphious
    Hmmm, and how are you to make sure that there is only one case of vB per domain that it's suscribed to?
    I'm not sure what this means.

Nonetheless the piracy investigators provided me data about the URL you reported and they indeed did follow-up on it.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hmmm, and how are you to make sure that there is only one case of vB per domain that it's suscribed to?

And I got your PM's back, you should have one waiting.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Thanks. I just wanted to ask the piracy investigators if they ever received this report, and if so, what they did about it.

Snyx, if the reported forum in in our license database, then there's no reason to check further. Unless of course there's a specific IP violation report.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    The PM has been sent. It is now not anything you should be worried about though, just read the 'story' in the PM and you'll understand.

Leave a comment:

• snyx
    replied
    what about suspected forums?
    do you still look into them.

Leave a comment:

• ChanServ
    replied
    I have reported several illegal vb's, and coincidently after a few days, they were either an invision or gone.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Yes, please PM the info to me. I'll check this with our piracy investigators.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    My host would have cooperated, he didn't like me. And I asked him, he said nobody contacted me. Besides if you had just asked me I would have taken it down.

And if you want dates/url's, etc, I can give that information to you in a PM.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Perhaps your host refused to cooperate. It's hard to know for sure without knowing the exact details (URL, dates, etc.) As I said each one of these cases IS investigated. Why would we not do this?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Steve, if something is 'always' done, then how come nobody from Jelsoft had any problem with me running an illegal vBulletin for six months? Even after I turned myself in...three times?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Originally posted by goyo
    I know about 20 VB warez forums...but there's no purpose to report them...Jelsoft doesn't did anything with the ones I reported
    Something is ALWAYS done. Keep in mind that Jelsoft is not some all-powerful entity that can smite down illegal sites with a wave of it's mighty hand. The process requires cooperation from the web hosting companies and others as well. Some are more cooperative than others.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X