Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks. I just wanted to ask the piracy investigators if they ever received this report, and if so, what they did about it.

Snyx, if the reported forum in in our license database, then there's no reason to check further. Unless of course there's a specific IP violation report.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Hmmm, and how are you to make sure that there is only one case of vB per domain that it's suscribed to?

And I got your PM's back, you should have one waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by Morphious
        Hmmm, and how are you to make sure that there is only one case of vB per domain that it's suscribed to?
        I'm not sure what this means.

Nonetheless the piracy investigators provided me data about the URL you reported and they indeed did follow-up on it.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Well for some odd reason I have been banned.....and this reason I am unsure of. However I will avoid that and move on to answering your question.

IE if I have a board at http://www.domain.com/forums and another vB at domain.com/board do you guys crack down on that? Or if sub-domains have forums that are on the same liscense?

And I did not receive anything, but the problem was taken care of.

Now the question is why was I banned....

Comment

You can have only one installation of vB oper license. If the two URLs point to the same physical files and database, then this is not a violation.

As for the banning, please PM me.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

I did PM you, and I PM'd Ed as well just in case; you weren't online ATM and Ed was, so I wanted to see if I could get an answer quicker.

Comment

I have answered you.

The final answer to the original post is that ALL piracy reports are investigated, regardless of the claims made otherwise.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X