Recording Problems; Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recording Problems; Help!

I'm trying to record me singing, but it's not working. I've got Media Player playing a song that somebody played on their new keyboard (you know who you are) and I wrote words to it.

However, when I try to record, it only records the music. When I try without the music, it's just mute.

Why the heck can't I record my voice, or anything other than the sounds playing in Media Player?

I'm not too smart when it comes to that sort of stuff, but I can only guess that your soundcard can only record audio from one source at a time...

Comment

Even so, it won't record my voice at all....and I've got a built in sound card

It's built in to my ASUS A7S333 Video Card.

Comment

Originally posted by Morphious
        Even so, it won't record my voice at all....and I've got a built in sound card

It's built in to my ASUS A7S333 Video Card.
        open up your play control (doubble click on speaker on taskbar) and from the options menu choose recording and select everything in the box below it and hit ok.. Then make sure your mic is selected as well as whatever other sources are used. You can adjust its recorded levels for each soruce too there.

Comment

Yeah, been there done that, no luck.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X