switching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• switching

Okay, if I make a tesvb vb3 and customize that while my vb2 is still publicly running, can i just close my board and make the tesvb vB3 config point to the current database and change it's name to forum?

That way it'll only be closed for a few minutes tops... I'm just worried about hacks/alters in the database that won't be getting used (as the files won't be hacked) will this pose a problem?

Originally posted by Andrew111888
    Okay, if I make a tesvb vb3 and customize that while my vb2 is still publicly running, can i just close my board and make the tesvb vB3 config point to the current database and change it's name to forum?

That way it'll only be closed for a few minutes tops... I'm just worried about hacks/alters in the database that won't be getting used (as the files won't be hacked) will this pose a problem?
    You could setup a custom vb3(testvb3) forum to run alongside your current forum, while leaving vb2 open.

Make your styles and language system modifications. Then export both to XML. You would then have to upload all your files and close vb2 then upgrade and reimport style and language xml files, from memory.

Im sure some sort of instructions to do such a thing will at least accompany the gold release.

Comment

Why would you want to modify the files on a beta software anyway? Odds are your mods will be overwritten as patches and release candidates are released later on down the line...

Comment

Working...
      X