Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VB FORUM Hosting (Similar to that of EZBoard)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VB FORUM Hosting (Similar to that of EZBoard)

Well I finished developing my system that uses one database, one forums, one type of each field (no double installation). That offers users to signup their own forums. They have full control over it with their own administration panel (fully recoded by me). This new administration panel integrated the mod panel into a different sub-section. The vB Administration panels now allows you to manage all different boards, their stats and much more.

I have done this in compliance with the current Terms, and so far I seem not to be in and violation.

With all this done, should I take this public? Offer this hosting? Like EzBoard where people signup, for message boards etc?

I need your opinion, and if the owners/admins agree, I am willing to take this public with the help of friends and fellow webmasters here.

Again please provide all your suggestions, comments, my ears...(well eyes) are open.

Thanks!

By the way, I did ask the admins once by email, but had gotten no answer, if the owners of VB and their staff or members do not like this idea, I am more than willing to comply.

Comment

I presume you added a boardid column to every single table and then added that to every single query?

Then derive the boardid from the HTTP_HOST or some other identifier?

Anyway I'd probably try and market it as a paid service for those unable to afford a full vB license.

The issue regarding the license agreement, I'm not too sure on this. You'd have to check with Kier or James.
      Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

You are very close, that was the main start, but I have added alot of features, making it easier for the admins to manage the board on-site. They have full control as I said with styles, templates settings etc. Maybe I will take you up on your idea of marketing this as a paid service for a very small fee. I took this up to prove to over 50 people at competing bbs sites how flexible vBulletin is, in a similar project I integrated vB into a from scratch CMS project, with image gallery all within vBulletin existing code. All to prove the flexibility and ease of use of vB.

This one seems to be a keeper though, I will email Kier or James, or both about this.

Thank you Scott!

Comment

Can you please post some screenies of your redesigned admin area? I'm kind of curious how you did it .

Comment

Which one? The user admin or, the system admin? Which ever you wish but not both, unless you just want overview screeshots. After work tomorow I will send them over and post them here.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X