Ugh.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugh.....

I just upgraded my computer again. This time it is to Red Hat Linux 9.0...

Anyways, I forgot to back up my Mozilla Firebird profile because it is hidden by default. Because of that I lost all of my bookmarks. Going to be doing a lot of searching trying to rebuild them now.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
    I just upgraded my computer again. This time it is to Red Hat Linux 9.0...

Anyways, I forgot to back up my Mozilla Firebird profile because it is hidden by default. Because of that I lost all of my bookmarks. Going to be doing a lot of searching trying to rebuild them now.
    That sucks, man. How do you like RH9?
    version2 aka mol

Mystic Wicks Online Pagan Community Forums
    Mystic Wicks After Dark

Comment

that suxs.. going to be building a RH9.0 pc soon as well - will be my first linux home pc
      :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
      :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
      :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Originally posted by eva2000
        that suxs.. going to be building a RH9.0 pc soon as well - will be my first linux home pc
        Its the only way to go, man.
        version2 aka mol

Mystic Wicks After Dark

Comment

Originally posted by version2
          Its the only way to go, man.
          yeah i hope.. after forking out for 4 x winxp pro licenses (1 for my sister's pc upgrade from win98)
          :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
          :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
          :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Originally posted by eva2000
            yeah i hope.. after forking out for 4 x winxp pro licenses (1 for my sister's pc upgrade from win98)
            I bought one XP license for my wife. But, I use Linux exclusively. I have for a long time now.
            version2 aka mol

Mystic Wicks After Dark

Comment

It is good... Much nicer than Red Hat 8.0 which I was using previously. Almost recognized all my hardware "out-of-the-box".. Only had to compile a driver for my network card.

We have two XP licenses in the house right now. Will most likely keep at least one Windows PC for games for the forseeable future.

Wayne Luke
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

It is good... Much nicer than Red Hat 8.0 which I was using previously. Almost recognized all my hardware "out-of-the-box".. Only had to compile a driver for my network card.
                Im using Mandrake on almost everything now. It even saw and configured my wireless network card on install on my laptop.
                version2 aka mol

Mystic Wicks After Dark

Comment

Mandrake had problems with my graphics chip (Gefore 4 MX) and the board chipset (NVIDIA nforce 2). Tried both 9 and 9.1 and neither could get into xwindows no matter what I did. So since I had a DVD with Red Hat 8.0 on it, I installed that. Had to compile drivers for the video chip, general chipset support, network and sound with that version.

Last night, I downloaded the ISO's for Redhat 9 and installed that today. Been thinking of trying Suse on my next machine. Not sure if it is worth the $40.00 when I already have Redhat though.

Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Last night, I downloaded the ISO's for Redhat 9 and installed that today. Been thinking of trying Suse on my next machine. Not sure if it is worth the $40.00 when I already have Redhat though.
                    Suse is pretty nice, a little bloated here and there. However, pretty soon Im going to try Gentoo on one of my boxes and see what the fuss is all about.
                    version2 aka mol

Mystic Wicks After Dark

Comment

I'm amazed that anyone is running Redhat 9.0 as there is no such thing - it's Redhat 9, no more .0 releases from Redhat

Redhat 9 is really just Redhat 8.1 with the bug fixes

One thing we have noticed is that Redhat 9 gives 1.5 times the performance of Redhat 7 on identical hardware. The other nice thing is that the system is still reponsive even when you have a load average of over 100 (as we do during load testing).

It's all good
                      http://forums.cpfc.org/

Comment

The .0 is habit more than anything else.

The no more point release theory is just to make Redhat look better than other Retail Distributions. People will think that since it is on version 25 and Mandrake or Suse are only on 9.7.5, that Redhat is better.

Wayne Luke
                        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

The .0 is habit more than anything else.

The no more point release theory is just to make Redhat look better than other Retail Distributions. People will think that since it is on version 25 and Mandrake or Suse are only on 9.7.5, that Redhat is better.
                          yeah fair point - although 9 isn't like any .0 release I have ever seen - it is pretty much bug free as it's 8.1 under the hood

I can't deal with Mandrake anymore . . .
                          http://forums.cpfc.org/

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X