Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Logitech® MX™500 Optical Mouse - anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logitech® MX™500 Optical Mouse - anyone?

My 3 year old Microsoft Explorer has finally died so I'm looking for a new mouse. Has anyone ever used this one? (click)

It seems to be very good, except that the buttons are terribly small compared to those of the Explorer:

But it still a lot more buttons (8 vs. 2).
    Chen Avinadav
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Can't you buy a cheap Microsoft Wheel Mouse optical? I don't find a need for so many buttons on a mouse (And the MX500 is umm...expensive)

Comment

I have the cordless version (the MX700) and while it takes some getting used to, I wouldn't be without it now.

Comment

It's for my laptop though, so I can't even think about a cordless mouse. But they seem to be very similar.

John: No, not really... Those so many buttons are very useful almost all the time. And it's not like I replace a mouse every month, this last one I had for 3 years, so what's an additional $50 for quality?
        Chen Avinadav
        Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Comment

It looks huge :S

Comment

Originally posted by DWZ
            It looks huge :S
            Sometimes size does matter. All of my mice in the past were relatively big... they're just easier to grip.
            Chen Avinadav

Comment

Originally posted by Chen
              My 3 year old Microsoft Explorer has finally died so I'm looking for a new mouse. Has anyone ever used this one? (click)

It seems to be very good, except that the buttons are terribly small compared to those of the Explorer:

I've used that mouse and it does take some getting used to. After a few days though, you should be fine. Those shortcut buttons are a real timesaver -- once you get used to not accidentally clicking them all the time.

But big mice makes up for something else.
              :)

Comment

Originally posted by Chen

I got the MX500 a few months ago and love it. It's recognized as one of the top mice available. It's like the wireless mx700 but lighter.

There used to be some issues with the drivers not letting some of the extra buttons/wheel be recognized in certain games, but new drivers have since fixed those problems. I can use all the buttons wherever I want. You just have to map them in the setup utility.

It's the mouse I picked after looking at all the available options. it feels nicer and looks cooler than the MS stuff too.

Comment

Originally posted by DirectPixel
                  But big mice makes up for something else.
                  I guess to smaller people the mouse does look big.

Comment

seems alot of people i know are using MX500 or MX700.. a few weeks ago i replaced my MS Wheel Mouse with Logitech TrackMan Wheel Optical

took some getting use to again but is great
                    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Seems logical that someone who lives in an upside down country would use and upside down mouse

Comment

Originally posted by eva2000
                        seems alot of people i know are using MX500 or MX700.. a few weeks ago i replaced my MS Wheel Mouse with Logitech TrackMan Wheel Optical

took some getting use to again but is great
                        why would you use a trackball mouse... those things are horrible

Comment

WAIT - Have you tried telling Microsoft that your mouse has stopped working? I got a "second hand" one () which had a dodgy wire so they let me send it to them (FREEPOST) and in return I got a shiny new mouse

Comment

Originally posted by Kier
                            Seems logical that someone who lives in an upside down country would use and upside down mouse
                            lol..

oricon, they aren't bad at all .. i use to use a generic trackball mouse until it lost compatibility when i upgraded from win98 to winxp

guess i was shaped from the fact my first ever pc was a Ascentia 800N 9.5" LCD 486SX/33mhz 12MB ram, 340MB hdd Notebook with a trackball running Win 3.1 LOL
                            :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                            :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                            :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

I'm wary of buying a trackball, mostly because of wrist problems. I heard they can really damage your thumb area if you use them too much.
                              Chen Avinadav

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X