Reject posts from anonymous proxies using RBL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reject posts from anonymous proxies using RBL

You know, in the world of e-mail servers use of RBLs (Realtime Blackhole List) to reject messages sent from open relays, proxies, spammers is a common practice.

Some of the RBL services are free, and I think they can be used to reject posts of the users whose originating IPs are registered to be open proxies.

It's a simple approach, just make a query to DNS server and analyze the result.

Currently, it's almost impossible to ban somebody's network. He can always find some open proxy and post what he wish through it.

Originally posted by user3
    You know, in the world of e-mail servers use of RBLs (Realtime Blackhole List) to reject messages sent from open relays, proxies, spammers is a common practice.

Some of the RBL services are free, and I think they can be used to reject posts of the users whose originating IPs are registered to be open proxies.

It's a simple approach, just make a query to DNS server and analyze the result.

Currently, it's almost impossible to ban somebody's network. He can always find some open proxy and post what he wish through it.
    Definitely an interesting idea..
    on our old forums, we simply scanned any hosts on every 10 pageviews and tested if it acted as a open proxy..

do you know of a RBL list for http proxies though?
    My open eyes see everything, and you see nothing. . .
    That forum

Comment

That is a large list of RBLs: http://moensted.dk/spam/

I think the conference can check several RBLs in sequence, as the antispam program SpamAssassin do.

And it really works. When there was a hacked server in our network, I found it in relays.osirusoft.com zone as 127.0.0.9

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X