Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beta Testers Needed!

Hey Everyone

I cowrote a script recently and want a few people to help beta test it on Windows, Unix and maybe a few other Operating Systems (and maybe locate bugs that my partner and I missed). It is a database application. If you are interested, please drop me a PM.

Please include the following server specs...

Processor Specs
    RAM
    PHP Version
    MySQL Version
    OS

Thanks!
    Last edited by ManagerJosh; Fri 30 May '03, 4:05pm.
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Well dpends... I run a test server on my own pc which is a AMD Athalon T-Bird 1ghz 256 RAM Latest php and mysql and running windows xp pro

While my real server is at phpwebhosting.com which run redhat linux and I'm not quite sure on the server specs but I may be able to get them through a support ticket

Comment

Perhaps a little more info on what it does would be better before asking for beta testers? I enjoy beta testing but while certain apps would get a lot of time others wouldnt. What exacly does being a database application entail?

Comment

do we get something special for beta testing?

Comment

Yeah... Might be nice to know what the app is :P
          "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
          "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
          Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

Originally posted by CeleronXT
            Yeah... Might be nice to know what the app is :P
            Well a mod/admin can edit my post if it is spamming...but the application is called ezDatabase.

do we get something special for beta testing?
            Won't disclose what that something special is.
            ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
            Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

But what does it do
              Running vB since 4-14-2002

Comment

1.8ghz progress (AthlonXP 2200)
                512MB Ram
                PHP 4.2.3 (meaning to upgrade one day)
                Mysql 4.0.4
                XP Home

I'm happy to test it

Comment

Yeah, it might be nice to know what we'd be getting into if we help you out. Otherwise... it's sorta like... why bother?
                  iComix :: web comics

Report Post | IP: Logged

Comment

ezDatabase allows a webmaster to create a site database filled with custom content. It is very flexible, and I personally feel it can do almost anything limited by your imagination. (Like a download database)
                    Attached Files

Comment

Wow, now that you show us what it is...... I'm very interested . Will be pm'ing you shortly .

Comment

so could you use it with a virtual host then ????

Comment

Originally posted by phill2003
                          so could you use it with a virtual host then ????
                          As long as your server has PHP and MySQL yes.

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
                            ...but the application is called ezDatabase
                            eZ Systems may not be too keen on that name

Sean
                            SitePoint Advisor (seanf)
                            http://sitepointforums.com
                            Harry Potter

Comment

they don't have an ezDatabase so why should they care?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X