No announcement yet.

Beta Testers Needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Their program is called eZ Publish, not ezDatabase? :-\ (btw, I'm the lead developer for ezDatabase - so err, hi everyone )

Comment

LOL. Well, pm'ed Josh but i'm going to post specs here as well.......because I feel like it .

PHP Version: 4.3.1
      MySQL Version: 4.0.12
      Operating System: Linux
      Kernel Version: 2.4.20
      Apache Version: 1.3.27 (Unix)
      Server Specs: celeron 2.2ghz, 80 gig hddx2, 512 memory

Comment

You guys should check your facts more next time.

Comment

Yes, that's version 1 - also created by me :-p The beta is for version 2, much improved from v1 (which was poorly programmed).

Comment

Originally posted by mafo0
            You guys should check your facts more next time.
            The screenshot that was posted is from version 2. We rewrote the entire script, added a ton of new features.
            ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
            Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

hold on.....i'm confused....

So both of you (josh and steffan) are working on the same project?

Comment

Yeah, I'm the main man (lead developer), and Josh helps me think out features, test the program, find beta testers etc..

Comment

OH i was confused. I thought that Josh was developing a completely different product that happened to have the same name as yours and you were getting angry that he was stealing the name....

LOL

Comment

Originally posted by steffanharris
                    Their program is called eZ Publish, not ezDatabase?
                    Their database abstraction layer is called ezDB. Remember I said 'may'

Sean
                    SitePoint Advisor (seanf)
                    http://sitepointforums.com
                    Harry Potter

Comment

OH i was confused. I thought that Josh was developing a completely different product that happened to have the same name as yours and you were getting angry that he was stealing the name....

LOL
                      Nope...ezDatabase Version 2 is the result of combined brainstorming
                      ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                      Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Would you please reply to my PM about being a beta tester, Josh? I'd like to know if I made the cut .

Comment

Would you please reply to my PM about being a beta tester, Josh? I'd like to know if I made the cut .
                          Patience

Comment

Steffan and I have decided to close all the applications for beta testing. All apps are right now being looked at and we will make our decision over the next few hours. We got LOTS of great applicants and we are selecting the best.

I will be contacting you via PM if you are selected.

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh
                              Patience
                              One thing you need to realize. I (and others) expect a reply of some sort saying that you got the PM and (if you're not accepting as they come) you need to alert us of when you will be doing that so that we arent left in the dark.

Regards,

Matt

Comment

One thing you need to realize. I (and others) expect a reply of some sort saying that you got the PM and (if you're not accepting as they come) you need to alert us of when you will be doing that so that we arent left in the dark.

Regards,

Matt
                                I thought confirmed read notices would count...but what's next is that we will be evaluating all the applications. From there we will contact everyone via PM with all the necessary information.

-Josh

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X