Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What software did you use before wising up and using vB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suddenlaunch -> PhpBB -> Ikon -> Ikon again -> IPB and then finally VB!!!

Comment

MW's WWWBoard -> UBB -> vBulletin

I actually used UBB for close to two years before I switched to vBulletin, coz the latter was cheaper, hugely customizable (the templates system was what sold it for me, as opposed to modifying files in UBB just to change the damn layout), and much faster... last version of UBB I used was 6.1, I think, and I was a regular fixture at UBBDEV during the time...

The templates system for vBulletin is still unsurpassed, even by iBForums, which is why I am still using it...
      OPEN TECH SUPPORT
      "Tech is our middle name!"

Comment

Some oldies, and not so goodies...

Hypermail>Orielly>Buzzpower>vB
        Mark Cahill
        Reel-Time, the Internet Journal of Saltwater Fly Fishing
        Allthingscahill.com
        Splitcoaststampers.com

Comment

UBB Lite -> UBB full (5.45c) -> vB 1.1.5 -> vB 2

I have imported all of my old threads along the way. I still have my first UBB Lite post.

Comment

That's awesome How long you been around?

I had... hyperboards --> phpbb2 --> ikonboard --> invision board --> aimoo --> snitz2000

Those were all petty forums, and to a n00b like me, hard to customize... what sold me on vB was when I decided to puy paid hosting, a .com, bust out all the stops.... and paintball-forum.com uses vBulletin, so I bought it. It's done and looks better and functions better than any other bulletin board system I've used.

Comment

EZBoards -> UBB -> vB

When we moved to vB, thanks to freddie, we got all our EZBoards posts integrated.
              Raz - KMC Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Raz Meister
                EZBoards -> UBB -> vB

When we moved to vB, thanks to freddie, we got all our EZBoards posts integrated.
                I wish I could bring my snitz posts onto my new one... but the board has been lost by the host and i had an access database anyway.

Comment

ezBoard -> Ikonboard -> UBB -> vB

Comment

ubb light > tforum > vb
                    Internet Bike Community
                    Mountainbike News Mountainbike Forum

www.mtb-news.de

Comment

What made you all use UBB? I've never seen a UBB forum, either.

Comment

ubb 5.x, 6.x
                        MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                        Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew111888
                          What made you all use UBB? I've never seen a UBB forum, either.
                          A stupid mistake...
                          You're my Prince of Peace
                          And I will live my life for You

Comment

I've seen people use ubb.... never thought they where any good

Comment

UBB, Ikonboard, PHPBB2, Invision

One of my sites has had an interesting change - it started out as simple HTML, and as need grew, I integrated it with Ikonboard, then Matt left, and I went to Invision, and now I'm with vBulletin.

Another one of my sites went from Ikonboard to Invision to PHPBB2 back to Ikonboard! That site will remain Ikonboard unless I can scrape up $160 (it's a personal site), no clients to pay!

A very long time ago, I admined a UBB, for a short while. A very short while. That site no longer exists. UBB was terrible.

Another site was Ikonboard 2.1.9, but because of wonderful red tape that comes with a Student-council run discussion board, we had to shut it down.

But for me, my favorites always end up being Ikonboard and vBulletin (vBulletin preferred).
                              | DiscBurn | CD & DVD Replication services, film and VHS to DVD, and duplication equipment
                              |
                              Disc On Demand | Short-run CD & DVD duplication... all online.

Comment

I never did get why UBB is $200 for something so... well, difficult I guess. I remember I asked an IBF guy which is better, and he said vB and IBF are equal Glad I didn't listen, I had a terrible time even LOOKING through the IBF admin cp... but that guy DID try to sell me a $50 used UBB license he had

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X