Eurovision Song Contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A:\
    Haha yeah Chen, but then again, UK are usually bottom of the pile every year, but I was shocked at the 0 points.
    Come on, in the past we have won it twice, even though our winning songs were cringeworthy.

Shows that politicians have no taste.

Comment

Ooo twice? Fascinating. And, how many Contests have they held now?

Comment

Originally posted by A:\
        Ooo twice? Fascinating. And, how many Contests have they held now?
        But the unfortunate thing is we'll never get relegated from the contest because apparently we put to much money into the competition, so we still have to endure this cringeworthy competition.

And another year of Terry Wogan. Oh what joy.

Comment

According to the rules you won't be there next year...
          Chen Avinadav
          Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

They will, i just heared the biggest country's like Germany and the UK can be there every year...

Comment

The UK will always be in the competition, no matter what. I believe the BBC provide much of the television and other infrastructure, no matter where it is being held.

Besides, next year there will be a qualification round, so I'm not sure the relegation rules apply any more.

Motorsport Forums

Comment

Lol last nite was really rubbish. Not cuz the UK got no points because i agree we were rubbish. But turkey? Come on... belly dancing women that can't sing... that song was lame

- miSt
                Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

The UK stays in next year (like it matters!) because they are a huge contributor to the contest.
                  Raz - KMC Forums

Comment

The UK getting 0 points was the funniest thing! Not only because of the political voting, but because even though Eurovision prides itself on being the music industries bile - our music industry still could not provide anything worthy of a point. A true reflection on 99% of our top50 for the last decade.

Besides I found it hilarious, and another few years of Terry Wogan are good by my book. He's great Further more, who cares what Europe thinks. I sure as hell don't
                    Hungry ?

Comment

Originally posted by bahbah
                      Further more, who cares what Europe thinks. I sure as hell don't
                      lol, typical. So typical...
                      Chen Avinadav
                      Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

I don't think many people in the U.K take it seriously, so it doesn't really matter

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Page
                          I don't think many people in the U.K take it seriously, so it doesn't really matter
                          Probably why we lost. LOL
                          Email: [email protected]
                          Site: Under Construction

Comment

Chen, respectfully, I think you miss the point of the Eurovision. Nobody in the UK takes it seriously at all. It's a laugh, that's all. And a brilliant one at that .

Not even the commentator (Terry Wogan) takes the thing seriously. It's just a good opportunity for the whole of Europe to have a laugh at each other, and themselves
                            Motorsport Forums

Comment

Well I think for the Turks it's a bit more serious, if you get my meaning

Comment

Wogan's commentry is the only thing that's good about the Euro-(and more)-Vision song contest.

Put it this way, the songs that are heard in the contest are worthless and pointless, and are just thrown together, E.G. AUSTRIA!

The voting is solely done on political bases, and it's never a phone-in vote that counts. That's just there so they can make a little extra cash on the side.

UK with 0 points though, that was interesting

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X