No announcement yet.

vB Affiliate Program Dead CJ.com??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's something I remember reading somewhere: check your 'HOSTS' file in C:\windows
    J de Silva
    GIDForums™ | GIDSearch™ | GIDNetwork™

Comment

Originally posted by JdS
      Here's something I remember reading somewhere: check your 'HOSTS' file in C:\windows
      Weird. I did as you said JdS and opened up my "HOSTS" file. There were two. One just contained useless information

The second contained a huge list of ad* servers etc.

Is this normal? lol

* ads = pop-ups, banners. All sites what have that kinda thing going on. Example... 127.0.0.1 ad.es.doubleclick.net, 127.0.0.1 mjxads.internet.com.

Oh yeah, and they all have the 127.0.0.1 IP address before them...

Comment

Originally posted by A:\
        Weird. I did as you said JdS and opened up my "HOSTS" file. There were two. One just contained useless information

The second contained a huge list of ad* servers etc.

Is this normal? lol

* ads = pop-ups, banners. All sites what have that kinda thing going on. Example... 127.0.0.1 ad.es.doubleclick.net, 127.0.0.1 mjxads.internet.com.

Oh yeah, and they all have the 127.0.0.1 IP address before them...
        You have Kazaa Lite don't you?
        "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
        "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
        Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

Yeah... *looks round*

Comment

That's why, you installed Kazaa Lite with "Supertrick", which kills cj.com for ya.
            "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
            "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

Comment

Well, it looks like its just this one computer. I can see them fine on my notebook on the same network, so its not my firewall. Weird thing is I don't see them on the MFO site which is hosted somewhere else. Plus CJ.com and the other site the banners come from don't work, only on this computer, heh I use Mozilla and Internet Explorer. Oh well, I'm about to format this new hard drive and start using it.

Comment

So kazaa lite and norton anti-virus will kill the CJ site? Why is this ?

- miSt
                Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

Norton Anti-Virus won't (to my knowledge?), but Kazaa Lite will if you choose to install it with the SuperTrick. It changes your HOSTS file to point a bunch of ad sites to 127.0.0.1 so that banners and whatnot won't show up.

Comment

Originally posted by Mist
                    So kazaa lite and norton anti-virus will kill the CJ site? Why is this ?

- miSt
                    Norton Internet Securty blocks affiliate links containing qksrv.net.
                    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

i cant login to cj.com , says Our records indicate that your account has been deactivated.

and i only use it for vbulletin affiliate how nice of them
                      MCSE, MVP, CCIE
                      Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

I can access those sites fine

Comment

So basically i'm going to have to uninstall kazaa lite and disable norton if i have any chance of using the affilate program?

Kazaa lite - ok that's understandable - but norton!?
                          Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

You don't have to uninstall them, just the stuff from the HOSTS file that disables CJ. I did, and I left all the other ad sites. Just remove the references to cj.com and qksrv

Comment

heh, I can see cj.com but not www.cj.com

Comment

I can see all of the banners on your site, but I do remember having problems with it. Try http://cj.com because I'm sure it was a problem with putting www. with me..

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X