Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vB Affiliate Program Dead CJ.com??

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • vB Affiliate Program Dead CJ.com??

    I've noticed the banners no longer show up on my site www.PolarisHost.com and www.cj.com has been down for days for me. Another site www.MrFixitOnline.com which uses CJ like I do also has dead banners. I guess this company is dead.... is vB going to find a new 3rd party affiliate program if CJ does not fix this? I hate seeing errors on my site!


  • #2
    CJ is a huge company and doesn't have any financial problems, to my knowledge, so they're not going under.

    The site has been up every time I've checked over the last few days.

    Comment


    • #3
      It's up for me. For future reference (and rumor control) just because a site isn't available doesn't mean the company is "dead."
      HBO Forum - Discuss Game of Thrones, True Blood, Big Love, Boardwalk Empire, and more!
      Disney Forums - Disney theme parks, vacation, entertainment, and more!
      iLoveTalk - Our general discussion forum.
      VeggieBoards - The largest and most active vegetarian forum!

      Comment


      • #4
        I made a sale for the affiliate program this month, and sold photopost a few days ago. So it is not dead. They previously also mailed me the check, so no financial problems it seems. And the site loads perfectly here.

        Comment


        • #5
          I normally don't use such strong words until a site has been down for a while.

          Both www.cj.com and www.qksrv.net (seems to be where the banners are linked from) have been down for days if not weeks.

          Are you guys able to see these 2 missing banners? http://www.polarishost.com/resources.html

          I don't understand why everyone else can see their site even when I noticed CJ banners down on another site that is not mine, www.MrFixitOnline.com

          I'll ask MFO if they see the down banners.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by EntityPacket
            I normally don't use such strong words until a site has been down for a while.

            Both www.cj.com and www.qksrv.net (seems to be where the banners are linked from) have been down for days if not weeks.

            Are you guys able to see these 2 missing banners? http://www.polarishost.com/resources.html

            I don't understand why everyone else can see their site even when I noticed CJ banners down on another site that is not mine, www.MrFixitOnline.com

            I'll ask MFO if they see the down banners.
            I can see all the banners, maybe a problem with your ISP?

            Comment


            • #7
              I noticed that as a UK resident that it no longer allows you to sign up

              - miSt
              Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Mist
                I noticed that as a UK resident that it no longer allows you to sign up

                - miSt
                Did you click on the United Kingdom link on CJ?

                Comment


                • #9
                  I can access http://www.cj.com/ just fine.
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

                  Steve Machol Photography


                  Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


                  Comment


                  • #10
                    If only you can't see those links, maybe you have your browser settings too high, make sure you allow your browser or firewall to load third party images/links.

                    If everybody on your site can't load those links, then it could be your hosting company. Or cj.com
                    Either of them are blocking them.

                    But I find it strange that no one can see those. Since we can all see them.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Another thing to check is your firewall software. Norton Internet Security blocks qksrv.net links.
                      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

                      Steve Machol Photography


                      Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


                      Comment


                      • #12
                        i can see everything there are no missing banners

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Steve Machol
                          I can access http://www.cj.com/ just fine.
                          Hmm, get a Page Cannot Be Displayed error for me.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by A:\
                            Hmm, get a Page Cannot Be Displayed error for me.
                            It must be a problem with your ISP, I can still see CJs site.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by poolking
                              It must be a problem with your ISP, I can still see CJs site.
                              Probably, poolking. I've been having quite a few of the "Page Cannot Be Displayed" errors recently

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X