Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• register globals = off; vbulletin isn't working properly

Hello,

I just got vbulletin a few weeks ago. I haven't changed anything so far (no hacks etc). But since I have set "register globals" to 'off', I'm unable to upload any attachments. Before that it worked absolutely fine. I'm running php 4.3.1 and vbulletin 2.3.0
    As for now, I turned 'register globals' back on, but I would actually like to set it to 'off' ASAP! I already used the search-engine, but it seems that nobody has ever encountered this issue...

Thanks

You'll have to upgrade, the later versions of vB support register_globals off.
    "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
    "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
    Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

Originally posted by CeleronXT
      You'll have to upgrade, the later versions of vB support register_globals off.
      I can only download vb 2.3.0 - do you know where I can get the newest release??

Comment

2.3.0 IS the latest and it should work fine... there are no problems for me. Do you have safe_mode on?
        GameCrash

Project Tools Importer for forum threads
        Current Version: 1.0.0 Beta 3

Comment

Whoops, I read it wrong, I thought it said 2.0.3.. Sorry.
          "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
          "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."

Comment

sorry guys; my bad! I did install a hack! It is the hack where you can upload attachments on posts that didn't actually have an attachment when the user first posted the thread...I think that's the problem...it is designed for vb 2.2.6...so I guess I have to contact the author of the hack.

thanks

Comment

To get vb support on these forums you first need to register for Priority Forum Support. To do this, please click HERE and enter your email address in one of the boxes. You'll need to have your customer number and password to access the page. Thanks.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Heh.. and there we go giving support to unlicensed people 'cause we couldn't tell the difference. :O

Comment

Well one thing you can do is not give vB support in the Chit Chat forum.
                  Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                  Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X