Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have a serious problem with setting up my PC.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this thread turning into AMD bashing thread as well? Geez.

I got the CPU issue solved. It turns out that I need to set CPU FSB manually 100 to 166.

I use both Intel and AMD.
    I haven't had any issue with Intel CPU ,I admit. Setting up was easiler than AMD.
    I was always told to make double-sure that I attach the CPU and its fan tightly, and always tried to so. So far, none of my AMD PCs have gone "fried".

It's morally wrong to use AMD? Oh well, geez, whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
      For the premium you pay for an Intel processor, I can build an entire AMD based computer. I guess it is a matter of priorities.
      What are you comparing it to? A cheap, slow AMD vs an uber fast $600+ Intel 3.0-3.06 GHz chip? I could build a whole computer based on Intel cheaper than some of its own chips as well.

And I'm sure you could build a whole AMD computer cheaper than the price of one of it's higher end chips as well.

And I could also build a whole Intel based computer cheaper than one AMD.

It's all a matter of what you're using.
      "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
      "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
      Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

Go Intel!

Don't you know? The more money you spend, the faster your computer is.

Comment

Originally posted by Jakeman
          Go Intel!

Don't you know? The more money you spend, the faster your computer is.
          Funny someone with a Mac should say that

Comment

Originally posted by Beorn
            Funny someone with a Mac should say that
            Macs are an exception

I was talking about PCs though.

Comment

Look how quickly a thread can go off topic, maybe close this as the problem has been resolved?

Comment

Yes please, close or even delete.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X