Leave a comment:

• Cary
    replied
    Works great... thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Vile
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke
    You can use cellophane tape sort like the transparent tape found at your local drugstore. Make sure that both ends are straight and simply tape it on both side.

Strangely enough, this is the same technique to fix broken 35 MM and 70 MM film in movie theaters as well. Whan I worked in a theater in high school, I could fix a break in 10 seconds and have it back on the screen in 12 seconds later. My boss could thread a projector in 8 seconds though. Of course we had self-threading projectors, but it funner to thread it yourself and you can't automatically rethread a movie in progress.
    Yup, I use this same techniquie quite often at work when developing 35MM film, (if the negatives are too short) and it's worked fine for me.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    You can use cellophane tape sort like the transparent tape found at your local drugstore. Make sure that both ends are straight and simply tape it on both side.

Strangely enough, this is the same technique to fix broken 35 MM and 70 MM film in movie theaters as well. Whan I worked in a theater in high school, I could fix a break in 10 seconds and have it back on the screen in 12 seconds later. My boss could thread a projector in 8 seconds though. Of course we had self-threading projectors, but it funner to thread it yourself and you can't automatically rethread a movie in progress.

Leave a comment:

• Vile
    replied
    Originally posted by Cary
    Ok... hopefully somebody here will know something about this. I've searched Google but couldn't find a thing. I have a standard VCR cassette. As everybody probably knows, you can lift the top of the cassette off and see part of the actual film inside.

Today I accidentally just that tape in half... don't even ask how I did it.
    Anyway, is there anyway to repair it? Maybe some special tape to put it back together?

Thanks!
    I'm not positive, but you might be able to splice it using cellophane tape.

Here's some info I found online just now:

Well, fixing a tape somewhere between the reels is always a risk and thus
    not recommended unless absolutely necessary.

If you want to make sure that it works, do it like this:

- Method 1 (lossy):

Throw away the less important half of the tape and attach the loose end
    of the other one to the empty reel.

- Method 2: (a little lossy):

Take another cassette, one that you don't need anymore. Remove its entire
    tape. Take one half of your torn tape and put it into the housing of
    the empty cassette (after taking away one of the empty reels). Attach the
    loose end to the empty reel and use the leftover reel to fix the other
    cassette. ATTENTION: Make sure left reel remains left reel and the right
    one right. Otherwise the tape will run backwards.

In both cases you will lose a bit of tape, but attaching one end to a reel
    is much safer than bringing two ends together.

Leave a comment:

• Cary
    started a topic How To Fix Broken Cassette?

How To Fix Broken Cassette?

Ok... hopefully somebody here will know something about this. I've searched Google but couldn't find a thing. I have a standard VCR cassette. As everybody probably knows, you can lift the top of the cassette off and see part of the actual film inside.

Today I accidentally just that tape in half... don't even ask how I did it.
    Anyway, is there anyway to repair it? Maybe some special tape to put it back together?

Thanks!
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X