X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George L
    replied
    Originally posted by Chen
    Ok, but how does a 2.0AGHz processor compare to 2.4GHz? Which is faster?
    of course 2.4ghz as

searching hardware sites like anandtech.com, hexus.net, pcstats.com, xbitlabs.com you can find reviews and benchmarks of cpus etc

old review of 65 cpu comparisons http://www17.tomshardware.com/cpu/20030217/index.html excluding the new 800FSB chips

P4 part http://www17.tomshardware.com/cpu/20...charts-12.html and benchmarks http://www17.tomshardware.com/cpu/20...er_windows_xps

Leave a comment:

• Chen
    replied
    Ok, but how does a 2.0AGHz processor compare to 2.4GHz? Which is faster?

Leave a comment:

• sebe
    replied
    Thanks everyone, I think I understand now. How much better is a 533MHz bus compared to 400?
    well, not by alot. unless you start comparing the 400FSB with the 800

Leave a comment:

• Chen
    replied
    Thanks everyone, I think I understand now. How much better is a 533MHz bus compared to 400?

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    ah doh already someone stated it.. that's what you get for leaving this thread open for a while without refreshing before replying

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    P4 architecture

A stands for 400FSB
    B stands for 533FSB
    C stands for 800FSB

that url you posted is of a P4 2.4 desktop cpu in a laptop - low battery life!

2A = 20 x 100FSB quad pumped = 2000ghz
    2.4B = 18 x 133FSB quad pumped = 2400ghz
    2.4C = 12 x 200FSB quad pumped = 2400ghz

for laptops or notebooks i'd like at the new P-M 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6ghz Centrino / 855 chip sets much longer battery life (at least 2x times) and integrated wireless

P-M 1.6ghz is equivalent to the performance of a P4 2.4-2.5ghz desktop pc

Leave a comment:

• Jake Bunce
    replied
    ogden2k is right

Leave a comment:

• Mainer82
    replied
    Some Pentium 4 processors have the same core speed in GHz, but operate on different front side bus speeds. Some Pentium 4 processors were built using the 0.18 micron process technology and other were built using the 0.13 micron process technology. The 'A' and 'B' designators are used to help identify the processor.

'A' designator:
    This letter designator identifies Pentium 4 processors built using the 0.13 micron process technology. For example, the Pentium 4 processor at 1.80 GHz was built using the 0.18 micron process technology and the Pentium 4 processor at 1.80A GHz was built using the 0.13 micron process.

'B' designator:
    This letter designator identifies Pentium 4 processors that support a 533 MHz front side bus speed. For example, the Pentium 4 processor at 2.40 GHz supports a 400 MHz bus speed and the Pentium 4 processor at 2.40B GHz supports a 533 MHz bus speed.

'C' designator:
    Pentium 4 processors, supporting an advanced 800 MHz system bus, at 2.80C GHz, 2.60C GHz and 2.40C GHz.

No designator:
    If no letter designator is present, then there is no overlap in process technology or front side bus speed at that processor core speed. For example, all Pentium 4 processors at 3.06 GHz are built using the 0.13 micron process technology and support a 533 MHz bus speed; therefore, no letter designator is indicated.
    Last edited by Mainer82; Wed 21st May '03, 11:33am.

Leave a comment:

• CeleronXT
    replied
    While I think that that's true that B came first, I'm still pretty sure that the B core is faster.

Leave a comment:

• Cyborg from DH
    replied
    Actually, there were original, A, and B, (B were the 533MHz FSB and now 800MHz FSB).

Original and A are 400MHz FSB, but I think that you can only get A's from 1.6 GHz and up, whereas, originals were 1.4-1.8 or similar.

Leave a comment:

• Scott MacVicar
    replied
    I was sure A were the older cores, as I've seen the 'B' Core and it costs more than its 'A' couterpart.

Leave a comment:

• Kaizen
    replied
    Where on that page are you reading it from ?

Leave a comment:

• Cyborg from DH
    replied
    With regards to P4's, the 'A's are the newer cores. (Non-A's are a lot slower)

Leave a comment:

• Chen
    started a topic What's 2AGHz?

What's 2AGHz?

For example here:
    http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTE...ntentItemPage=
    Last edited by Chen; Wed 21st May '03, 6:14am.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X