X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe I should open up a forum based on ostrich farming

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
      Exactly. For instance a one time, one page ad in one of the Optical journal can cost a company $12-20K. Sponsoring my forum is pocket change for some of them, although not enough are willing to throw their change my way.
      What kind of CPM rates can one expect for a niche forum such as yours?
      Well, there it is.
      - Keeper of the Grove

Comment

They don't even go by CPM in my case. It's a flat rate, regardless of hits or any other stats.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by tucklis
          Maybe I should open up a forum based on ostrich farming
          Big money in ostrich farming.
          version2 aka mol

Mystic Wicks Online Pagan Community Forums
          Mystic Wicks After Dark

Comment

Originally posted by version2
            Big money in ostrich farming.
            or so the late night informercials would have you believe. Don't forget about alpaca farming either.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
            Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
              or so the late night informercials would have you believe. Don't forget about alpaca farming either.
              Or organic duck feet farming.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                You should see the farms down here in Oklahoma and the beautiful homes that go with em. Infomercials be damned...I want some Ostriches!! But, what am I complaining about, I have more than enough.
                version2 aka mol

Mystic Wicks Online Pagan Community Forums
                Mystic Wicks After Dark

Comment

We have an ostrich farm here where I live. The main crops here are onions, carrots, alfalfa and sod. No houses to go with most of it though. Most of it is on leased federal land and they don't allow you to build on it.

Our claim though is two ever growing buffalo herds and the ever declining price of buffalo meat.

Wayne Luke

Comment

I make roughly $390 per month in advertising fees( has been increasing about $50 per month for the past 3 months) and I receive over $200 worth of bodybuilding and health supplements per month for free.

http://www.extreme-athlete.com

Comment

Originally posted by Big J
                      I make roughly $390 per month in advertising fees( has been increasing about $50 per month for the past 3 months) and I receive over $200 worth of bodybuilding and health supplements per month for free.

http://www.extreme-athlete.com
                      Is that just from your forum or the the site as a whole?

Comment

Bringing in $1,200+/month here from advertising. There is potential to double that, I just haven't cultivated much yet

Comment

what site is it? (if you don't mind me being curious)

Comment

I'm also curious

Comment

EXriders.com - an ATV site. Averaging 28,000,000 hits a month and using 120,000,000 gigs of bandwidth a month. 11,000 registered users.

Comment

Originally posted by maoz440
                                EXriders.com - an ATV site. Averaging 28,000,000 hits a month and using 120,000,000 gigs of bandwidth a month. 11,000 registered users.
                                It is surprising that since you are using 120,000 terabytes of bandwidth every month that you aren't listed as the number on desitination on the Internet. Even Yahoo and Microsoft don't use that much bandwidth every month and Microsoft has 6 million subscribers to MSN.

What host are you using and what does that amount of bandwidth cost you per month? At even a dollar a gigabyte, your spend over $100,000 a month for hosting so I am not sure how $1200 in ad revenue means you are making money.

Even if you meant megabytes in your post, that is 120 terrabytes of bandwidth. Unusually high for a site that only gets 28 million hits in a month (how many page views is that anyway?)

SitePoint forums gets about 50-60 million hits per month and that translates into a little less than 5 million page views. They use about 100 gigabytes of bandwidth a month also.

Wayne Luke

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X