Has Anyone Ever Made Money with VB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Anyone Ever Made Money with VB?

I knows it's probably been talked about alot but...

...has anyone ever been profitable from a vbulletin forum? And how, advertsiing, subscriptions?

Well, I have not made any money (profit) per se, but I have raised quite a bit for charity through my board. We raised about a grand for Cystic Fibrosis this past month just from members donations through paypal.
    version2 aka mol

Mystic Wicks Online Pagan Community Forums
    Mystic Wicks After Dark

Comment

Hmm...

Originally posted by tucklis

...has anyone ever been profitable from a vbulletin forum? And how, advertsiing, subscriptions?
      Well that depends really... i see the forum as a excelent way for people/customers to interact with other like minded people and keep them coming back to my site to buy from me and check out what others are upto, i sell PC Games and systems/parts (New) and soon will have consoles and console games up, thus i set my forum up for a gaming type community with as wide appell as possiable, i am also looking into setting up a internet cafe for the $160 i paid for the forum i have made a "ever growing" community witch i hope will support my selected main source of income very soon. I allready make on it as it is so with a little future proofing i see nothing stopping me from making money from something like a small subscription fee. I have sponsership from nz.playstation.com and xboxnz and a couple more campanys to help pay for my hosting witch i make some money on referring people to them, with a few good ideas you can work something out... theres allways something you can do to improve your status, just need to be creative...........

Comment

Originally posted by version2
        Well, I have not made any money (profit) per se, but I have raised quite a bit for charity through my board. We raised about a grand for Cystic Fibrosis this past month just from members donations through paypal.
        Good Stuff

Comment

Good Stuff
          Thanks! Back in December we did a 'Battle of the Boards' contest with a Christian board that a friend of mine runs. All together we raised about $3700 for the Toys for Tots program. That was really fun!
          version2 aka mol

Mystic Wicks After Dark

Comment

Originally posted by B|itz
            theres allways something you can do to improve your status, just need to be creative...........
            I guess your right - but regarding subscriptions I've heard stories that people always take badly to this. I guess it's how good your site is and what you offer in return. I would imagine the best idea for a forum is an accompaniment for a shop of some sort...

Comment

I used to make about $12,000 a year when I was an employee at SitePoint Forums off of the ads that were directly in the forums themselves. Of course the company made a lot more than that.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
              Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                I used to make about $12,000 a year when I was an employee at SitePoint Forums off of the ads that were directly in the forums themselves. Of course the company made a lot more than that.
                Youre not doing sitepoint anymore?
                version2 aka mol

Mystic Wicks After Dark

Comment

So I guess like any website, it depends on how successful the forum is.

Comment

So I guess like any website, it depends on how successful the forum is.
                    Of course!
                    version2 aka mol

Mystic Wicks After Dark

Comment

Youre not doing sitepoint anymore?
                      No, I resigned so that I could move on with other projects that I have put off for a long time. However, they have two quite capable people that replace me there.
                      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

No, I resigned so that I could move on with other projects that I have put off for a long time. However, they have two quite capable people that replace me there.
                        Well, I really like your other sites. Its been a while since I have been able to browse the net, though. Ugh.
                        version2 aka mol

Mystic Wicks After Dark

Comment

Yes, I am receiving 250$ checks on behalf of Jelsoft every x months.

Comment

Hehe, yes I know some people that make a whole business out of vBulletin. Multiple employees and all that.

Comment

Thanks! Back in December we did a 'Battle of the Boards' contest with a Christian board that a friend of mine runs. All together we raised about $3700 for the Toys for Tots program. That was really fun!
                              Gees what did you do to raise that much money?
                              ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                              Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X