X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jelsoft - Back in time!

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://jelsoft.com

http://web.archive.org/web/200102010...//jelsoft.com/

Just thought i'd post this I think it can be interesting to see what sites used to look like, and what the look like now!

Has vbulletin.com changed much? I tried to search for vbulletin.com but there's a robots.txt file (or robot.txt file - can't remember which), in the webdirectory!

http://web.archive.org/web/200006150...w.jelsoft.com/
    You're my Prince of Peace
    And I will live my life for You

Comment

lol yeah i know! wtf?! I don't think jelsoft.com had the same owners at this time! ? i might be wrong - i duno!

Comment

http://web.archive.org/web/200006151...nfo/index.html
        Jelsoft Address and Phone

Jelsoft Enterprises Limited,
        Tagra,
        Birch Lane,
        Ascot,
        Berkshire,
        SL5 8RF.

Phone : (+44) 01344 891732

Comment

OoOpSy! Didn't notice that (because i didn't look at the bottom of the page)...

Comment

John and James are originally Visual Basic programmers (I'm almost certain) so that's what Jelsoft used to be about.
            Chen Avinadav
            Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

גם אני מאוכזב מסיקור תחרות לתור מוטור של NRG הרשת ע"י מעריב

Comment

Aha! Now it's official, thanks Chen.

Comment

Whoah! That's really different! It's really weird looking back on old stuff sometimes, seems weird. Also its funny to look back on just how crappy some of the old sites were like Yahoo etc were back during the 'height' of the web

What's also amazing about that site is that it archives sites that were only up for a few months and not even listed on google or anywhere! I once had a gayming site that I showed to like just 3 people because it never launched, but it never made it to any search engine or anything BUT IT WAS THErE! On Web Archive! Man I dont want to even imagine how big their hardrives are or how many they have!!! Petabyte anyone?

If that's how they work that is!

Comment

Petabyte (1024 terabytes)

Comment

HAhah yeah its really huge! I heard actually that the DC file sharing network has around a petabyte of data!!! (thou ONLY WHAT I HEARD so don't take my word for it ) But if you think about it a DVD movie probably has the same data as thousand websites or something so Web Archive may not even be more than that but still huge for a a bunch of servers! (Or however it works!)

Comment

Hmmm, I wonder if that is infact John's home phone number. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Crater Seraph
                        Hmmm, I wonder if that is infact John's home phone number. Lol.
                        fraid not - I do have his number though!!!

John and James are originally Visual Basic programmers (I'm almost certain) so that's what Jelsoft used to be about.
                        Correct!!! When it all started - as you can probably see from the archive (I cannot actually see it myself, due to dam websense at college not liking the script).

When it all started (as far as I recall) John and James sold some of the better products they produced while running vb-world (for vbasic programmers).......

vbworld needed a powerful forum - vbulletin was written by john

it was sold, it was developed

history lesson over ;-)

Comment

JAWilliams: Where'd ya learn that?

Comment

It started as a personal forum, but then people begged them to sell it, so they did
                            Running vB since 4-14-2002

Comment

JAWilliams: Where'd ya learn that?
                              Hmmm - Well, one of my oldest friends is John's younger brother, therefore I have known John since he was sitting around programming on BBC Computers!!

I met James around a year before VBulletin was launched and we became good friends!!!

saw James on Saturday actually and am meeting up again in a couple of weeks!!

any more questions?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X