[SPOILER] Matrix Reloaded Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SPOILER] Matrix Reloaded Questions

Most people said they have to rewatch the whole matrix reloaded movie just to understand it which i think is a waste of time and money. I understand everything except this one part:

If the one is basically "The one" to reset "The Matrix" why do they do it? Why do the machine reset the matrix so often and let there be human outlaws?
    Running vB since 4-14-2002

Originally posted by IDN
    Most people said they have to rewatch the whole matrix reloaded movie just to understand it which i think is a waste of time and money. I understand everything except this one part:

If the one is basically "The one" to reset "The Matrix" why do they do it? Why do the machine reset the matrix so often and let there be human outlaws?
    The One does not reset the matrix. The One version 1 through 5 was to rebuilt Zion after the machines destroy it.

The Matrix itself was created by The Architect, and as far as the movie tells you, there has been only two versions, the 'original' (utopian) Matrix, and the present 'glitched' Matrix.

Of course, if you're viewing the movie symbolically, The Architect is God. He's dressed all in white, has everybody's lives predetermined, and has those TV screens to watch upon everyone.
    :)

Comment

Yeah, good point there, so only two matrixes but mant zions

Comment

True. However, there are many subtle hints in Reloaded that hint that the 'real world' is simply another Matrix.

This is shown in the end, when Neo puts up his hand and stops the Sentinels. An almost exact scene was in the first Matrix, when Neo stops Agent Smith's bullets.

Another hint that the real world may be another 'Matrix'-like simulation is the destruction and rebirth of Zion. All the previous The One's chose to rebuild Zion. This is circular, and very much like how the Matrix operates.

Neo's deviation by choosing the door to his left is another hint of the real world being another simulation. In the original Matrix, Neo wakes up from his bullet death to realize how he can manipulate the Matrix. In Reloaded, he realizes how the real world can also be manipulated, as shown by the Architect's speech. He then opens the door, and when he's back in the real world, he immediately pieces together the puzzle and realizes the truth.
        :)

Comment

Hmm, good point, there was another movie like this, 13th floor..

Comment

and another one, the matrix revolutions

Comment

Yeah, i thought the next one was animatrix, i was proven wrong today

Comment

hehe

[Movie] The Matrix (1999)
                [Docum] The Matrix Revisited (2001)
                [Game] Enter The Matrix (2003)
                [Movie] The Matrix Reloaded (May 15th 2003)
                [Anime] The Animatrix (June 3rd 2003)
                [Game] Unknown title (unknown)
                [Movie] The Matrix Revolutions (November 5th 2003)
                [Game] Unknown title (unknown)

With sound albums and 'the making off'.. included stuff.

And I am waiting for the box 'ultimate collectors edition' which hopefully makes it this year.

This is why it is called 'the year of the matrix'.

Comment

I thought Matrix: Reloaded sucked. They just rehashed the same eye candy and threw a bunch of new, undeveloped plot elements at you. Totally weak.

Xmen 2 was better.

Comment

They totally tweaked the bullet time effects and that included the sound, and they introduced several new effects that have not been applied in movies so far. I was quite impressed. The first scene with the trinity dream when the matrix merged into trinity, was nice

I personally haven't seen x-men 2, but .. they enjoy the power of wire effects just like the matrix and the trailers show me that it is just an overkill in effects.

I was disappointed by reloaded for not including as much fun bullets with trails as seen in 1. And the fight scenes sometimes looked like they were dancing, participating eachothers moves before they happen. The fights in part 1 were more '' human '' .

Anyway, the rest just ruled.

Since I saw the first movie I said 'part two won't suck, because it would be at least as cool as part 1 and just new' I wouldn't have cared if it was just 1 hour. Just new scenes would be fun enough for me.

I don't ever expect a plot in a action movie.. they are made for action and just dumb ass kicking and shooting. Not for a plot

But .. as with every movie, (almost every) sequals are always disappointing .. why? Because the cool 'wow, that was new and never seen it before' effect is just gone after a movie like jurassic park and the matrix and such are introduced to us.

I type too much.
                    /me shuts up & eats more pie

Comment

Originally posted by xiphoid
                      I type too much.
                      /me shuts up & eats more pie
                      mmmmmm pie!

go weebl!

Comment

Don't crap my thread, thanks. You are a mod, you should know better!

Comment

ok sorry. I thought it was funny, and xiphoid had a weebl avatar.

Comment

weeble rox! and yeah, it was funny

Just offtopic. not really crapping

Comment

So, know any trails for the third matrix?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X