Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VBulletin pirates (PLEASE READ)

Hi,

I want to bring a site to your attention, which is offending your copyright laws.

<URL Removed> use a pirated set of VBulletin buttons which are ripped off of your software. I asked them about this and now I get a nice little "You have been banned from these forums" message. I suggest you email their hosters cos they are a nippy little bunch who have not only ripped off the entire Thief series of games, but are now doing the same by stealing the very buttons you see on VBulletin. In fact, I was completely unaware that they didn't use VBulletin until a friend pointed this out. I suggest you email their hoster and pursuade them to get their site removed, or force them to purchase VBulletin. They have been using these buttons for six months now.

<Name and address removed>
    Please contact me when you have taken action - [email protected]
    Last edited by Cary; Sat 17 May '03, 6:09am.

if you email [email protected] it will be dealt with

also - remove the link above

Comment

Nice of you to support Jelsoft and report your suspections of a site using piracy. And yeah, reporting the site through http://www.vBulletin.com/contact/piracy.php will do the trick.

You will not get a message about any action taken.

Comment

Originally posted by [net-tez]Hardee
        Hi,

I want to bring a site to your attention, which is offending your copyright laws.

<URL Removed> use a pirated set of VBulletin buttons which are ripped off of your software.
        Dont understand about the buttons?

Comment

He probably thinks of the graphics. You can't use them on other bb's without permission, I think.
          Ueli

Comment

I am not afraid to admit that once upon a time I used the vBulletin message icons and smilies for a small bb that I used to run. It was Ikonboard 2.1, and I didn't like the ones that it came with. But, that site has passed away, and I learned that I wasn't supposed to do that! That was already 3 years ago.
            | DiscBurn | CD & DVD Replication services, film and VHS to DVD, and duplication equipment
            |
            Disc On Demand | Short-run CD & DVD duplication... all online.

Comment

Originally posted by Lacrosse Boy
              I am not afraid to admit that once upon a time I used the vBulletin message icons and smilies for a small bb that I used to run. It was Ikonboard 2.1, and I didn't like the ones that it came with. But, that site has passed away, and I learned that I wasn't supposed to do that! That was already 3 years ago. !
              THIEF!

version2 aka mol

Mystic Wicks Online Pagan Community Forums
              Mystic Wicks After Dark

Comment

Originally posted by version2
                THIEF!

Hehe. What can I say. They were the really old grey-colored ones that looked like this:

I know better now to not do that kind of thing. Ahh, back in the days -- when I was only 13. I've matured so much now. It's a good thing too.
                | DiscBurn | CD & DVD Replication services, film and VHS to DVD, and duplication equipment
                |
                Disc On Demand | Short-run CD & DVD duplication... all online.

Comment

that looks like Nutrocker's - http://www.nutrocker.co.uk - and you can use them for free on any forum platform.
                  HFT Online - Professional computer help ... with a personal touch

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X