copyright on non-vBulletin pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• copyright on non-vBulletin pages

sorry for bringing up copyright issues again (I've searched through lots of threads about it but:

I have a section on a web site that takes info from my database and displays it as page content. No vBulletin code is used to do this, just standard php mysql_query() functions. However the information was placed in the database using a vBulletin forum so that it can be easily updated.

Would I need to display a vBulletin copyright notice?
    I think not, as the page uses no Jelsoft software, functions or code but I'd like the views of others - especially any vB team members!

I may place a "content updated using vBulletin" or similar message as I think vB's reputation will give more trust or credability to the stability of the page update!!

marking the dirt with twigs and simple words spoke,
    kicking the dust so that we can just dance the dance

The copyright is only required in footer template of the actual vB pages and templates. If you use the vB footer template or any vB files then this would be required. If not, then no.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

cool, thank you.

I've got a lot of respect for the quality of vBulletin (and the fact it was within my price range!) so I still don't really want to "hide" that the page content is stored using a vBulletin forum so will probably work in a note to that effect somewhere!

But thanks again for the clarification on exactly what & where I need to legally include the copyrights
      marking the dirt with twigs and simple words spoke,
      kicking the dust so that we can just dance the dance

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X