Test Board.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Test Board.

One of my new staff (An old time friend) wants to make themes/styles for vbulletin forums.

Now the question I have is this. I know we are allowed to run secondary “test” boards but I was wondering if we are allowed to let others view them as long as no real content and they are not able to sign up to that board.

The reason I ask is this. She will be doing many lay outs and I would prefer not to stack them all on my main forums. I am a minimalist and would like to only have 2 themes maybe 3.

So the “test” would have all her themes for like a display.

Is this allowed if not how can we do something like this.

Thanks in advance.

I doubt it, i heard it needs to be .htaccessed, i didn't on mine, but i never told anyone the url
    Running vB since 4-14-2002

Comment

~Sighs

I just did not want to have my board with 100 styles.

Seeing as how it is a vampire site many styles would just not fit in.

Comment

From the license agreement:
        If you have a valid licence, you may set up an additional test forum in order to test code, template and database modifications. To make this clear to us and our licence verification procedures, place it in a directory called 'testvb' and be sure to password protect it. It must not be accessible by the general public.
        That last clause about "general public" probably means that it's okay if only you and him can access it and it's .htaccessed.
        --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
        Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
        vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Ok so me and her can only view the test board... Meaning I have to house all the styles on my main if she wishes to promote.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X