X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CeleronXT
    replied
    Originally posted by Morphious
    Because you can make it look pretty and good; http://www.genedit2k.com/forums (Note: Won't be up for very long, as the site is closing)
    I don't see why that was even done. Why take A over B?

a.) Illegal - default vB purple images - ugly
    b.) Legal - custom images - perhaps images that blend into black/orage, not purple?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Skeptical
    What I want to know is, why in the world would anyone want to make their board just like the default vB template? The purple buttons, that vB logo... I think I'll pass.
    Because you can make it look pretty and good; http://www.genedit2k.com/forums (Note: Won't be up for very long, as the site is closing)

Leave a comment:

• d2alio
    replied
    What I want to know is, why in the world would anyone want to make their board just like the default vB template? The purple buttons, that vB logo... I think I'll pass.
    that's simple... why do Hyundai's resemble Toyota's? The answer is that you choose to look like a superior product in an attempt to gain favor... or, in this situation, you want to look like vb because vb is ranked higher than IB.

Leave a comment:

• poolking
    replied
    Originally posted by GHOSTFACE
    you guys is *****in about stupid ass stuff so if someone rip or make a vbulletin skin thats they busying leave them alone crazy ass people over here i think the skin look nice anyone who could rip and image and make it look at good needs a crown,i don't see anythign wrong with it
    You've heard of copyright laws haven't you? Thats the law they're breaking.

Leave a comment:

• Lacrosse Boy
    replied
    There used to be one for Ikonboard, but they removed it long ago.

Leave a comment:

• Andrew-ningc
    replied
    I think the idea is, some people perfer a vbulletin look, than a ipb look, i do, reason i got a vb.

But for some people who can't afford it, they may look at aulturnative ways.

The html isn't the same, so if the images were to be removed, and a non-jelsoft owned pics replaced, sure no legal problems can occure then. or even do it so that their are no images included.

Leave a comment:

• Scott MacVicar
    replied
    Matt the URL was posted by nuno is not a Jelsoft employee.

The actions to deal with piracy are no different than those of any company trying to protect their property from unlicensed distribution.

Leave a comment:

• Nemon
    replied
    Originally posted by mattmecham
    Indeed, the heavy handed and over the top measures NukePirates used to "alert us" has been noted and I can assume that this will be the normal situation from now on.

I thank Jelsoft for ignoring my request for a link so that I may take action without it getting aggressive.
    http://nukepirates.com/

Don't laugh too hard now.

Leave a comment:

• mattmecham
    replied
    Indeed, the heavy handed and over the top measures NukePirates used to "alert us" has been noted and I can assume that this will be the normal situation from now on.

I thank Jelsoft for ignoring my request for a link so that I may take action without it getting aggressive.

Leave a comment:

• Michelle69
    replied
    LMAO, that was the first thing that came to my mind, too

(no offense VB!)

Leave a comment:

• Nemon
    replied
    Originally posted by tizz66
    I am co-manager of IBPlanet. First it is important to note that while we are official, we are *not* controlled by Invision Power Services, and neither IBPlanet nor IPS created the skin in question.

Secondly, before skins are submitted to our database, users must agree to our TOS which state that their skin contains no copyrighted material or that they have permission to use any copyrighted material. If a user agrees to this TOS, then as the site administrator, I can only assume they have gained the required permissions. If, as in this case, someone submits something that falls foul of copyrights held by others, it is not necessary to send C&D letters to our NOC. A simple e-mail to myself or another manager is all that is required. It is a little OTT getting site shutdown demands sent through when a simple e-mail or private message would be adequate - I am more than happy to remove any skin that infringes copyrights, and if necessary, discipline the user that submitted it.

Anyway, the skin has been removed from our site.

Rikki
    IBPlanet Co-manager
    Prooving once again the brilliance of nukepirates. *end sarcasm*

Leave a comment:

• tizz66
    replied
    I am co-manager of IBPlanet. First it is important to note that while we are official, we are *not* controlled by Invision Power Services, and neither IBPlanet nor IPS created the skin in question.

Secondly, before skins are submitted to our database, users must agree to our TOS which state that their skin contains no copyrighted material or that they have permission to use any copyrighted material. If a user agrees to this TOS, then as the site administrator, I can only assume they have gained the required permissions. If, as in this case, someone submits something that falls foul of copyrights held by others, it is not necessary to send C&D letters to our NOC. A simple e-mail to myself or another manager is all that is required. It is a little OTT getting site shutdown demands sent through when a simple e-mail or private message would be adequate - I am more than happy to remove any skin that infringes copyrights, and if necessary, discipline the user that submitted it.

Anyway, the skin has been removed from our site.

Rikki
    IBPlanet Co-manager

Leave a comment:

• Koutaru
    replied
    Ditto It's more creative to make your own skins anyway

Leave a comment:

• Skeptical
    replied

Leave a comment:

• nuno
    replied
    Originally posted by mattmecham
    Just a note to say that Invision Power Board did not make the skin and it's not being distributed by us. Unfortunately we don't have much control over third party skins, however if you want to PM or email me the site that's distributing the skin I'll see what I can do.
    Welcome to IBPlanet.com!
    Welcome to IBPlanet.com, the official resource site for Invision Power Board! Here at IBP, you'll find free skins, hacks and graphics to use with your forum, plus our support forums, should you get stuck with any aspect of customising your board!
    Linkage: http://skins.ibplanet.com/index.php?act=view&id=151

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X