No announcement yet.

Total Rip!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indeed, the heavy handed and over the top measures NukePirates used to "alert us" has been noted and I can assume that this will be the normal situation from now on.

I thank Jelsoft for ignoring my request for a link so that I may take action without it getting aggressive.

Comment

Originally posted by mattmecham
      Indeed, the heavy handed and over the top measures NukePirates used to "alert us" has been noted and I can assume that this will be the normal situation from now on.

I thank Jelsoft for ignoring my request for a link so that I may take action without it getting aggressive.
      http://nukepirates.com/

Don't laugh too hard now.

Comment

Matt the URL was posted by nuno is not a Jelsoft employee.

The actions to deal with piracy are no different than those of any company trying to protect their property from unlicensed distribution.
        Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

I think the idea is, some people perfer a vbulletin look, than a ipb look, i do, reason i got a vb.

But for some people who can't afford it, they may look at aulturnative ways.

The html isn't the same, so if the images were to be removed, and a non-jelsoft owned pics replaced, sure no legal problems can occure then. or even do it so that their are no images included.

Comment

There used to be one for Ikonboard, but they removed it long ago.
            | DiscBurn | CD & DVD Replication services, film and VHS to DVD, and duplication equipment
            |
            Disc On Demand | Short-run CD & DVD duplication... all online.

Comment

Originally posted by GHOSTFACE
              you guys is *****in about stupid ass stuff so if someone rip or make a vbulletin skin thats they busying leave them alone crazy ass people over here i think the skin look nice anyone who could rip and image and make it look at good needs a crown,i don't see anythign wrong with it
              You've heard of copyright laws haven't you? Thats the law they're breaking.

Comment

Originally posted by Skeptical
                What I want to know is, why in the world would anyone want to make their board just like the default vB template? The purple buttons, that vB logo... I think I'll pass.
                that's simple... why do Hyundai's resemble Toyota's? The answer is that you choose to look like a superior product in an attempt to gain favor... or, in this situation, you want to look like vb because vb is ranked higher than IB.
                Dameon White, Lead Designer
                InsideThePixel.com "Web Tailoring Inside Out"
                vB Clients: AlienSoup.com (vBotm) | WiredGamers.com (vBotm)
                09.05.03: WiredGamer Releases Its Skin! Click Here!

Comment

Originally posted by Skeptical
                  What I want to know is, why in the world would anyone want to make their board just like the default vB template? The purple buttons, that vB logo... I think I'll pass.
                  Because you can make it look pretty and good; http://www.genedit2k.com/forums (Note: Won't be up for very long, as the site is closing)

Comment

Originally posted by Morphious
                    Because you can make it look pretty and good; http://www.genedit2k.com/forums (Note: Won't be up for very long, as the site is closing)
                    I don't see why that was even done. Why take A over B?

a.) Illegal - default vB purple images - ugly
                    b.) Legal - custom images - perhaps images that blend into black/orage, not purple?
                    "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
                    "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
                    Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X