Total Rip!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Total Rip!!

InvisionBoard made a new "iVBulletin" Skin, which looks EXACTLY like vBulletin... Its a HUGE rip, and it uses Jelsoft's images. Plus all they included at the bottom was, "Some images © Jelsoft Enterprises Limited." I have it installed on a test IB Forum. STAFF ONLY will recieve the download link and the actual site if they request to see it.

Screen:

http://www.gcnforums.com/rip.jpg

Comment

Send the relevant info, including logins, to [email protected].
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...threadid=60522

Comment

Theres a vB phpBB skin, but I don't see neone complaining about that. Y not?

Comment

... You don't see anyone complaining? Look harder.
            "63,000 bugs in the code, 63,000 bugs, you get 1 whacked with a service pack, now there's 63,005 bugs in the code."
            "Before you critisize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you critisize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
            Utopia Software - Current Software: Utopia News Pro (news management system)

Comment

Just a note to say that Invision Power Board did not make the skin and it's not being distributed by us. Unfortunately we don't have much control over third party skins, however if you want to PM or email me the site that's distributing the skin I'll see what I can do.

Comment

it's on ibplanet, so essentially it is being distributed by u....

Comment

no its being distributed by there users

Comment

Originally posted by mattmecham
                    Just a note to say that Invision Power Board did not make the skin and it's not being distributed by us. Unfortunately we don't have much control over third party skins, however if you want to PM or email me the site that's distributing the skin I'll see what I can do.
                    Welcome to IBPlanet.com!
                    Welcome to IBPlanet.com, the official resource site for Invision Power Board! Here at IBP, you'll find free skins, hacks and graphics to use with your forum, plus our support forums, should you get stuck with any aspect of customising your board!
                    Linkage: http://skins.ibplanet.com/index.php?act=view&id=151
                    You're my Prince of Peace
                    And I will live my life for You

Comment

What I want to know is, why in the world would anyone want to make their board just like the default vB template? The purple buttons, that vB logo... I think I'll pass.
                      Well, there it is.
                      - Keeper of the Grove

Comment

Originally posted by Skeptical
                        What I want to know is, why in the world would anyone want to make their board just like the default vB template? The purple buttons, that vB logo... I think I'll pass.
                        Ditto It's more creative to make your own skins anyway

Comment

I am co-manager of IBPlanet. First it is important to note that while we are official, we are *not* controlled by Invision Power Services, and neither IBPlanet nor IPS created the skin in question.

Secondly, before skins are submitted to our database, users must agree to our TOS which state that their skin contains no copyrighted material or that they have permission to use any copyrighted material. If a user agrees to this TOS, then as the site administrator, I can only assume they have gained the required permissions. If, as in this case, someone submits something that falls foul of copyrights held by others, it is not necessary to send C&D letters to our NOC. A simple e-mail to myself or another manager is all that is required. It is a little OTT getting site shutdown demands sent through when a simple e-mail or private message would be adequate - I am more than happy to remove any skin that infringes copyrights, and if necessary, discipline the user that submitted it.

Anyway, the skin has been removed from our site.

Rikki
                          IBPlanet Co-manager

Comment

Originally posted by tizz66
                            I am co-manager of IBPlanet. First it is important to note that while we are official, we are *not* controlled by Invision Power Services, and neither IBPlanet nor IPS created the skin in question.

Secondly, before skins are submitted to our database, users must agree to our TOS which state that their skin contains no copyrighted material or that they have permission to use any copyrighted material. If a user agrees to this TOS, then as the site administrator, I can only assume they have gained the required permissions. If, as in this case, someone submits something that falls foul of copyrights held by others, it is not necessary to send C&D letters to our NOC. A simple e-mail to myself or another manager is all that is required. It is a little OTT getting site shutdown demands sent through when a simple e-mail or private message would be adequate - I am more than happy to remove any skin that infringes copyrights, and if necessary, discipline the user that submitted it.

Anyway, the skin has been removed from our site.

Rikki
                            IBPlanet Co-manager
                            Prooving once again the brilliance of nukepirates. *end sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by Skeptical
                              LMAO, that was the first thing that came to my mind, too

(no offense VB!)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X